Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help overclocking Gigabyte EP45-DS3R + E8400

Default Re: Help overclocking Gigabyte EP45-DS3R + E8400

none. 4.1 is a good oc. keep pushing for more, but honestly if at 1.325 you have stability, i wouldn't go more than 1.37 for the v core simply because it isn't worth it. I mean to put it in perspective, i have to run a 1.45 to get 3.914ghz... ocing isn't just about speed; being able to brag about a super low vcore is half of it and i gotta say i'm mighty jealous.

Morning all and hello.

I thought rather than making a new thread i could add to this one. I'm also a novice OCer. I have a similar setup to jerel2k9 and am struggling badly.

I have:

-Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
    -Gigabyte EP45-DS3R Bios version F10
    -Artic Cooling, Freeze 7 pro
    -Corsair 2x2GB 1066MHz (CM2X 2048- - 8500 C5) (5-5-5-15)
    -Nvidia GTX 260
    -Kingwing Mach1 800W power (ABT-800MA1S)
    -Microsoft Windows 7 X64.

The main difference being is i have 4GB RAM.

I had similar intentions as jerel2k9, to OC between 3.6 and 4 Ghz. However i've failed terribly trying. I've read that you can OC these chips to 3.6 by simply changing the FSB to 400 and nothing else, this does not work for me. I tried using Lsdmeasap's setting on page one, and also failed.

On failure.. had many :), my PC cycles at boot, prior to POST and then loads a backup BIOS config at a default 9x333 (3Ghz). I beginning to think my chip is just not a good OCer but i'm also a bit lost in the complications of my BIOS and a real novice at this, so I could easily be doing something daft.

Lsdmeasap... can you possibly give me setting to achieve a simple 3.6Ghz? If this works i'd like to try and get closer to 4Ghz.

Thank you very much for any possible help.

Chike is offline Senior Member

I'd say making a new thread is a better idea, post your settings, put the system spec in your signature with a link to your ram spec (manufacturer page if possible or part number) and people are likely to help you.
    If you have not began by loading optimized defaults it is recommended you do so.
    Is it a new build? You may want to run some tests on it to make sure everything is stable on stock to begin with.

Ok thanks for the advice, will do.

EDIT: Done: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...equired-33765/
    Last edited by MadTommy; 08-20-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Will check your new post shortly!

I think all 8400 will for sure do 3.6 without issues, so I bet you just have some incorrect setting somewhere. Most will do 4Ghz without blinking an eye, so at 3.6 I don't think you can say your CPU is bad.

I'll help you out in a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information