Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4 endless cycle

Unhappy Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4 endless cycle

hi,im looking to get help with my mobo,i had Gigabyte GA-EX38-DQ6 ,i was using it for 1.5 years and it started me giving problem which was: after you turn it on,the fans starts spining and it looks like it will boot up,but the screen stays black and it powers off,after 5 seconds it all starts all over again.im using e6600 ,jeantech 700w psu(which i replaced,but it didnt help),2gb ocz pc-8500 ram and 3 hdd's,bfg 8800 gtx.i did try to disconect the hdd's,gpu,try to boot up with one stick of ram and etc. nothing worked,so ive send back to the website i bought it of and they RMA it,they send me replacement which is Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4,but i got exactly the same problem with it,it didnt boot up from 1st time.it keeps rebooting and it screen stays black so i cant access Bios and cant do anything,maybe somebody had this problem as well??PLS HELP ME!!
    Last edited by martx; 04-16-2009 at 05:01 AM.

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4 endless cycle

make sure you have the 4pin-8pin connected to motherboard, only use 1 stick of memory in a different slot to get it to boot, sounds like the 4-8 pin on the motherboard if you dont have it pluged in it will start to go and shut down.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

WOW, did they also give you the $75-100 price difference between the two boards? I would not have accepted that at all if it was me!!

Have you cleared the CMOS? If not, please do so. Here in this thread post #2 I outline my method to do this >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

If you have no luck after that can you test your GFX Card in another PC?

Can you borrow any other DDR2 to test with, or test your ram in another PC as well as the GFX Card as either could be faulty

Next would be to get the board out of the case and OFF the motherboard tray and connect ONLY the CPU/Heatinsk, one stick of ram in slot one, and you GFX Card and see if you can start the board. NOTHING else connected, this is to rule out a bad hard drive, CD Drive, or Short somewhere.

And yes as said above please be SURE you have the ATX 4 or 8Pin connected and the 24pin. When you say you tried another PSU, what was it?

thanks for your reply,but i checked psu connections on MB and tried different psu,still the same problem.
    ive tried to clear CMOS,didnt help.if im trying to disconect gfx card it or boot it with no ram in it it beeps and reboots anyway.ive tried to boot it with one stick of ram and tried different slots,nothing works.ive tried another psu which was exactly the same jeantech storm 700w.but its not the psu,

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Did you try clearing the CMOS using the method I linked? If not, please try.

Did you check in the CPU Socket for Bent pins before you installed the CPU? If not, you may want to do that as well

You don't have any external devices connected do you, like USB Storage or something like that? If you do, disconnect them for now

Leave your CPU fan plugged in, but dont attach it onto your CPU. Turn the power on and feel the CPU. Is it getting hot? As soon as you start to feel it getting hot, turn it off.

Easiest method of checking see if the Processor was screwed in my opinion :)

If it is getting hot, then you can rule out your CPU, and as you have already done the Mobo test. Try resetting the CMOS as Lsdmeasap said.
    Last edited by Piemanpm; 04-16-2009 at 06:23 PM.

ive no usb storage conected,ive tried to clear CMOS,didnt help.will try to check cpu later,is this problem common in this type of MB?

sorry it took so long to reply,i send the mobo back to retailer they teested it and said that they didnt find any fault,so im confused now,ive bought new cpu,still the same problem,the only difference i saw is that when theres no cpu in the slot and trying to switch it on it doesnt restart itself.

Thread Information