Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS4 - No signal in PCI-e slot 1

Default GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS4 - No signal in PCI-e slot 1

Hi guys,

I need assistance with an issue I have with a new build.

Motherboard -> Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4 (Second hand buy)
    VGA - Sapphire Ati HP Radeon 3650 512 GDDR3 X16 card
    Memory - Kingston 2Gb (1Gb cards X2)
    PSU - 500W supply
    Monitor - ACER analogue

The motherboard has 2 PCI-e slots. The Manual states that slot 1 supports X16 and slot 2 supports X4 VGA cards.

Anyway, I put the card into slot 1 and I get no signal to the monitor and it stays in standby mode although the OS seems to boot and there is power to the card as the fan is running.

If I put the card into slot 2 I get the signal and the monitor displays the output as expected.

I checked the BIOS version and it is the latest BETA Version 5d that's listed on the Gigabyte site.

Does anyone know what is causing this - I've tried all the usual ideas that people post and this leaves me with the option to flash the BIOS and downgrade to the last stable version. Or is there a simple setting that I need to adjust?

Feedback appreciated ;-)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS4 - No signal in PCI-e slot 1

Well, you may want to start by flashing to the latest NON Beta as it could be a "Beta" issu, but I have not seen any reports of this.

F6d is the latest Posted Beta at Gigabyte's site, F5 is now final >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP35-DS4 (rev. 2.1)

If you do flash again please use Qflash, here is a guide >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

As for settings, you should set Init First Display to PEG for slot one in the Integrated Peripherals section of the BIOS. This may be set on PCI (Default) or PEG2 which could be why slot two works for you but one does not.

Or, in the end it could be a faulty slot as well. Do you have any older cards to test with? I would also test that if you can before you decide if it is a bad slot or not. But before all of that check the Init First Display settings and try a older BIOS.

Be sure you load optimized defaults after you flash your BIOS (And now if you have not since you built the machine, could be the issue possibly)

I'm not sure I understand. Are the pcie slots identical? are we talking about two pcie x16 slots or one x16 and one x1?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ok, I'll flash the bios and set load optimized defaults and post the outcome here. Btw, I did try to set the Init Display to PEG but still no signal.

Thanks for yor advice!

Thread Information