Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: new GA-MS790gp-ud4h question

Default new GA-MS790gp-ud4h question

my stats are:
    Motherboard-- GA-MS790GP-UD4h
    CPU-- X3 720BE running at 3.4ghz at 1.3v
    memory--OCZ 4gig ddr2 OCZ10664GK running at 800mhz
    GPU--EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    PSU--ENERMAX 500 LIBERTY
    HDDS-- 2 SATA AND 1 IDE
    DVD-- 2 SATA DRIVES
    WATERCOOLED CPU AND GPU

now on to my questions.
    1. my wattage according to easysaver seems to be stuck at about 114 watts. once in awhile when i fire it up the output will be 55watts which makes my rig silent. i dont understand why it seems to be stuck at 114watts as that keeps my cpu temps at about 57c instead of the 40c it gets at 55watts. i have installed coolandquiet and have my powersettings at minimal. it is not a problem but it was running cooler before i noticed this.

2. i can not get my memory to run at 1066. it BOSD randomly if i try it at the spd settings for my memory. i have to latest drivers and bios so that is not a problem. has anyone had any luck with this board yet at 1066?

thanks,
    Peter

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: new GA-MS790gp-ud4h question

I would check the temps and Watts with another program, like Everest Ultimate and see if they are the same as you are seeing as those may just be BIOS/Program related issues with the apps you mention

I have limited AMD Knowledge, but you should not have issues running 1066, your CPU Supports it correct?

Have you set your ram voltage to spec, and added some memory controller voltage (Sorry not sure of the AMD Names). You may need to use 195 or 327ns for refresh cycle as well

does anyone know what i have to do in bios to unlock the 4th core

Quote Originally Posted by dukeman View Post
    does anyone know what i have to do in bios to unlock the 4th core
    Press CTRL+F1 inside the BIOS screen, go to MB intelligent Tweaker (1st item) -> Advanced Clock Calibration -> set to Auto

Just as a side note, I couldnt enable the 4th core using the newest BIOS (F2H) but it worked perfectly with the version F1.

You will need to increase the voltage for your ram. You will also need to manually set the memory settings in the bios. I am using the same ram you are, if you are unsure what the setting should be. OCZ has a live Tech Support line and they can walk you thru it.
    Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
    Phenom II 555
    EVGA GTX 275 FTW
    OCZ 1600 DDR3 (4GB)
    Corsair TX 750 PSU
    Cooler Master Sniper Case
    Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler
    Seagate 500GB Hard Drive (x2)
    Noctura Case Fans (x2)

do you remember what your settings are? i already set mine to the spec on their website.

i set Advanced Clock Calibration to auto and the 4th core did not show up. that sucks

Thread Information