Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte Download Center

Default Gigabyte Download Center

Does this actually work for anybody?

I am running Vista x64, and have tried ie7 and ie8 (downgraded from 8 to see if that would help), but I get a scripting error.

I run ie as administrator, enter download.gigabyte.com.tw, click Go, and it has a pop up saying "Download Center is supporting P4, K7 and K8 platform now!", and then a script error:
    Line: 135
    Char: 5
    Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
    Code: 0
    URL: http://download.gigabyte.com.tw

This message doesn't tell me *which* javascript file its failing in, which is annoying. Looking at the source of the two included js files isn't helping (line 135 in Driver.js is a comment, and in Var.js its a variable assignment)... but then, I am not much good at debugging issues in IE. I don't usually use it (but of course, gigabyte's download center is IE only).

So, any ideas? Anyone have this working on any OS? on vista x64?

Hmmm, ok so I just cleared the cache and tried again. This time it said "Please wait for Download DL-Program" when I clicked Go.... it then downloads something but just refreshes the current page... and eventually I get the error again.

Default Re: Gigabyte Download Center

I read on the Gigabyte download site that with Vista you should open the internet explorer by right clicking and selecting run as administrator. Then go to the site.

Thanks for the reply, but I was doing this.

So no one uses this service at all?

I have tried with Firefox and IE 7 and I have exactly the same problem as you - "Please wait for Download DL-Program" and then no-go.

Doesn't seem to work.

I have exactly the same problem on xp.

Does anyone have a solution.

The best solution would be to use the Gigabyte site to download your updates manually.

I know that doesn't get Download Centre going for you, but if you've tried everything possible then I wouldn't waste more of your time trying.

Personally I don't like the look of the program. Its description says that it downloads and installs updates for you, including BIOS updates. I assume it tries to update your BIOS within Windows. This is something I'd never want to do.

Once you search the download page for your board, bookmark it. Should take you no longer than using Download Centre.

Before you give up on it though, check to see if the program requires a certain port or ports to be open on your machine. If so, set them open using your Router/Firewall.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

^^^^ +1 for that ^^^^

I suggest you manually download and update your drivers and or BIOS (BIOS Please use Qflash here is a Guide)

Download page for all drivers
    GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Products

Bios aside, it seems like an easy way to keep drivers up to date (without trying to keep track of what version you have etc). Its a pity it doesn't work... and I can't even find an appropriate way to send feedback that it doesn't work.

No, its not a huge deal... but when a service is offered, it would be nice if it worked! :)

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, I know what you mean for sure. Sorry I have not even ever installed/tested this program myself as I would never want it possibly installing something I did not want like an older or incorrect version.

You can keep track of what drivers you have installed with a few apps, if you need one try the app called treiberchecker (Version Checker) in this thread >>

GIGABYTE Forum

Direct link to the latest version, not listed on the main page (but it is linked there I believe)
    http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uf.../Setup_110.exe

Ah that looks perfect, cheers! :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information