Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-MA780H-UD3H Onboard Graphics Flicker

Default GA-MA780H-UD3H Onboard Graphics Flicker

I am getting a strange video problem sometimes on cold boots and somtimes when waking from S3. During windows install the first time I got major flicker using the DVI port to a 19" LCD monitor. I rebooted and all went fine. Now I get screen flicker along the first few rows of pixels using both DVI and VGA ports. It sometimes goes away after a reboot. I now have the machine hooked up via HDMI to my HDTV and get full screen flicker in windows when waking from S3. To fix I can either reboot, or sometimes just putting to sleep and waking back up will fix it. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I see it was an issue with an earlier GB board with the 780G and seems to be fixed with a BIOS update.

Sorry about the repost, but this question was buried in a post that was just asking if anyone else had this board.

Jon

Gigabyte GA-MA70G-UD3H
    Nmedia HTPC Case (HTPC 6000B)
    4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz
    Hauppauge HVR-2250
    LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray Drive
    Using onboard video
    Vista Ultimate 32-bit

Default Re: GA-MA780H-UD3H Onboard Graphics Flicker

Not the same board but close. Same chipset.

I haven't seen this, but then I haven't played with DVI or HDMI yet.

What OS and Catalyst driver version are you using?

Default Re: GA-MA780H-UD3H Onboard Graphics Flicker

I'm using Catalyst 9.4.

As a side note, can anyone tell me the best way to contact GB support. Used the online submit on the 20th and shows it hasn't even been read yet. I can't seem to find anywhere to actually call and talk to someone.

Jon

Thread Information