Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CPU usage drop out in MemTest

Question CPU usage drop out in MemTest

Just upped the ram on my GA-x48t-dq6 from 2x1G (OCZ3P13334GK Platinum) to 2x2G (OCZ3P13334GK Platinum). I've been stability testing with Memtest86 and Prime95 ... and then I saw the MemTest by HCI Design here on Tweaktown.

However, when viewing the CPU usage graphs on the Perfrmance tab of Windows Task Manager, I periodically see the graphs drop to zero (0) for a split second and then resume. It does this randomly, both cores together. I'm running a E8400 at stock speeds and voltages and I've not seen this before with Prime95.

MemTest doesn't show any errors when this occurs. The TrueTemp window shows a constant 98-99% loading and doesn't change when the drop outs happen. I'm running 2 seperate MemTest windows with 512M ram specified to test, to load test both cores.

Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Default Re: CPU usage drop out in MemTest

Memtest is designed to test the RAM, not the CPU, so it's not designed to keep a high CPU load.

Unless you notice an isntability there's absolutely nothing wrong with your system.

Thread Information