Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me overclock my i7 920 w/ EX58-UD4P!!

Default Re: Please help me overclock my i7 920 w/ EX58-UD4P!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    So you have your 1333 ram running at 1600? Sounds great, is it stable?

It will be ok if it is stable, but you need to test it and of course maybe slow it down some or adjust voltages or timings.
    HI ! LSD
    Well it was working well =( WAS
    i thought if i get a better case with more fans ..so i bought a Silverstone tj10 nice case 5 big fans.
    The graphics card is running 10 C cooler than before ! Fantastic ! i overclocked the I7 in exactly the same way as we discussed, but now it hits 85 C ! i just dont get it ...................any ideas ?
    i have had to go back to original BIOS asi dont want to kill it as 85 C under load. But im pretty dissapointde after spending heaps of money on a new case to find the core temp is worse
    Your ideas suggestions would be much apppreciated.
    The guy that installed it into the new case said he would put better thermal paste on the CPU .........but its brand new and wasnt overheating before when i OC 'd it. i think it got to 72 C under load.

Cheers !
    MD

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Any luck with the above settings? If you need more help with those or further speeds let me know and post your settings and I can try to help

I have the same board, so if you are using the same BIOS as me I can also give you BIOS profiles to use. I would need to know how much ram you have, and of course you would need to adjust your own QPI/Vtt and Vcore settings as our CPU's likely differ a bit
    I would be very interested in your BIOS profiles..

My current system is:
    EX58-UD4P with F8 BIOS
    6GB (3x2GB) of OCZ Gold OCZ3G1600LV6GK (8-8-8-24)
    i7-920 with Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 cooler

I tried the settings that are posted here, but am not having much luck so far :(

gerardfraser, a most excellent post!! I have the same mobo/cpu setup, all water cooled, and it works perfectly!! Idles at around 44deg celcius and under full prime95 load, 75deg celcius! THANKS FOR THE BIOS INFO!!!

By the way, how did you determine these settings? Do you think it feasible to push this card to the 4ghz level with water, or am I knocking on heavens door? I would LOVE to give it a shot!!

Thanks again!

Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information