Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: PCI clocking...?

Default PCI clocking...?

I have an EP45-UD3P. Recently I was reading a review about the upcoming OCZ PCI-SSHDD and that made me think about over-clocking the PCI slot. This lead me to want to ask a few questions.

I suppose that these are general questions, but I would also wonder about how this applies to my board specifically.

What is the performance impact to OC-ing the PCI slot? What are the prospective risks to my hardware?

Is this OC applicable to the PCI-E x 16 2.0 slot that my GPU (nVidia 9800GT) is in? If so, what impact would this have on my Folding, gaming, and image rendering as opposed to or in conjunction with actual card tweaking? (atm it is OC'd at 666/1665/1066)

This last question is purely speculative, I am NOT going to even think about buying one of these new drives.

What do you imagine that the results of OC-ing the PCI would be regarding the already fast PCI - SSHDDs?

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex St. John
    Consider for a moment that what we think of as “intelligence” is the byproduct of a computing architecture that depends on massive parallelism to interact with the world in real time without stalling for progress bars. If our ancestors’ brains had depended on running Vista on current dual-core processors for their survival, they would have been eaten by bears.

Best Quote Ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101
    Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
    Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

Default Re: PCI clocking...?

Well if you mean the pci express frequency I would leave it at 100mhz.
    For anything today current.
    You can google about it if you want
    I have seen people set it at 101mhz methinks
    I run at 100mhz.
    As far as the new stuff with it who knows
    I can't speak from experience on the new stuff haven't run the new stuff in that article doubt many have.
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 bios 3202
    2500k@4.7GHZ.
    CM Hyper 212 EVO blademasters push-pull
    8GB's Samsung 30nm tech ram 1.35v
    EVGA GTX 460 superclocked plus (part# 1G-P3-1372-TR)
    Seasonic X660
    Canada

Default Re: PCI clocking...?

I don't think OC'ing it will have any noticeable impact when using a PCIE SSD and it will risk damaging the SSD.

I have ehard of slight performance adanvantages in some games with and overclocked PCIE bus but I would generally I would not recommend doing a significant overclock (110+ MHz) as the benefits are to small and your risk damaging the video card. Most games also show no benefit.

Thread Information