Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About to install RAID on UD3P, quick checklist

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: About to install RAID on UD3P, quick checklist

Hmm, Vista DOES let you load your own drivers, are you sure you connected your disks to the Intel Ports (Yellow)? Well I guess you would have to as I do not think Vista has generic Gigabyte RAID Drivers.

Well anyhow, I have never seen it not allow a user to install his own drivers unless they were not extracted or something like that.

In any event, if you do want to update them and use the latest all you have to do is install Intel Matrix Storage Manger, here is the latest 8.8 >>>
    Download Search Results

^^ Download link seems to be missing tonight, link below just incase it is still missing when you try to download ^^

Intel Matrix Storage Manger (Multi Language) 8.8.0.1009 Windows 2008/Xp/Vista 32/64bits/2003 server WHQL
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...rivers.com.exe
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-29-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm, Vista DOES let you load your own drivers, are you sure you connected your disks to the Intel Ports (Yellow)? Well I guess you would have to as I do not think Vista has generic Gigabyte RAID Drivers.

Well anyhow, I have never seen it not allow a user to install his own drivers unless they were not extracted or something like that.

In any event, if you do want to update them and use the latest all you have to do is install Intel Matrix Storage Manger, here is the latest 8.8 >>>
    Download Search Results

^^ Download link seems to be missing tonight, link below just incase it is still missing when you try to download ^^

Intel Matrix Storage Manger (Multi Language) 8.8.0.1009 Windows 2008/Xp/Vista 32/64bits/2003 server WHQL
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...rivers.com.exe
    haha, extracting them...yeah, forgot that part. That would be why Windows didn't let me load them I suppose.

Will I get better performance out of the new drivers?
    GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.0 bios F6
    Intel C2D E8400 @ 3Ghz (333x9)
    G-Skill 2x2 GB DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
    WD Caviar Black 500GB
    Asus Radeon HD 4850
    OCZ600SXS PSU
    NZXT Guardian 921

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeppers, they must be extracted

Well generally better performance, if any, would be minimal. Most of the time minor issues are corrected is all. But if you are using the generic vista drivers then I would update them anyway as those are very old

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information