Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP45-DS3L Vista BSOD

Default Re: EP45-DS3L Vista BSOD

Thats good then. I dont know why people wouldnt go with X64. I mean it makes everything run better and faster and Ive not had a compatability problem at all. Sure some drivers are a little harder to find but it all works out in the end. Im not just saying its faster because its suppose to. I have compared side by side Vista 32 and 64 bit and Windows 7 and its way more efficient. Plus more FPS in games so yeah. I just cant wait for windows 7.

Now for your problem, I did a quick google and there are plenty of people running Vista both 32 and 64 bit versions on the mother board with the same CPU. I sumise that your compatability issues arise from a more sinister source, of which I dont know. But Id be really trying to get to the bottom of it. Forget vista just install windows 7. Possibly try a different ram? or just 1 stick. And It wouldnt be the first time this week that ive seen a dead 8800/9800GT causing blue screens. For instance, I had/have an 8800GT and no matter what I tried, in only one game it BSOD all the time randomly in XP no matter how many times I reinstalled it did it. Installed Vista 32 and have never seen a blue screen again. Then that card died after 3 months, they sent me a new one which has gone just over a year and now pretty much taken a big crap and wont do 3d stuff much now. So I got a HD4850 and holy crap, im like wtf was I thinking with NVIDIA. ATI are seriously much better. But I know its all money and it doesnt grow on trees. Im basically just saying that its possible you have a dodgy Video card and it would be the 3rd one this week ive seen with similar symptoms. I could run any video card stress test there is on the internet without any problems but soon after running Crysis, Fallout 3 and the like it would artifact out on me and most of the time crash with the blabla NVidiasucks.dll has stopped responding and has sucksessfully recovered crap and I tell ya i was going bannans with that error, I think i nearly killed google trying to find an answer.
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------

Default Re: EP45-DS3L Vista BSOD

Well, I've tryed using one or the other sticks of RAM, from installing Vista to the first BSOD (that's one of the first things the Microsoft tech guy sugested). And my RAM din pass a 24 hours Memtest session without errors. About the BSOD, the only time when it happened while in a game was when playing Counter Strike 1.5. In no other games I have had this problem, and I did play some of them just for testing. Also, the BSOD did not occured when using stress programs (like orthos, prime, linx, occt, furmark, 3dmark). It simply appears randomly, most of the time when the PC is at idle (i would find the BSOD in the morning, I don't power off the PC at night, or when I went away from home when coming back).
    Oh, and in Windows 7 it happens exactly like in Vista.
    And the strangest thing is that on XP it never BSOD'd on me, not in 5 or 6 months of using it. Not on x86 or x64 (which, unfortunatelly i had to give up because of the same CS 1.5 reporting it had -18MB of RAM and needed at least 16MB to run, hilarious, isn't it?). I know, nobody plays 1.5 anymore, but 1.6 sux and source.. I simply can't get used to it.
    I'm really out of ideas and don't know what else to try. I'm begining to think I'm the only one having this issue as I can't find any infos about it.
    GA-EP45-UD3R (F12)
    Zalman CNPS-7000C-CU
    E8400@3.6GHz
    2x2GB A-DATA Vitesta 800+ CL4 Extreme Edition @ 1066MHz@2.0V (5-5-5-15)
    Asus EN9800GT Ultimate @ 810/2000/2200
    Seagate 250GB + WD 500GB + WD 640GB
    Asus DRW 1608-P
    BenQ G2010WP
    Thermaltake TR2 500W
    Windows 7 Pro x64

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information