Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP34-UD3L PCI-E Problem

Default Re: EP34-UD3L PCI-E Problem

First thing I did when it didnt work was to set the first display to PEG.

Im using a coolermaster 750w power supply which ran the card fine in my old motherboard - the power is connected to the card, there are green lights showing on the card. Im positive the card is not dead as it worked fine before I got this mobo.

One thing I will say is there is quite a long delay before getting a single beep - It's not the usual beep that you get after a succesfuly post - also the LED lights on the motherboard stay lit for a lot longer than usual...
    Last edited by Seano; 04-28-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP34-UD3L PCI-E Problem

Ahh, well all of that sounds ok. If you cannot test the card on another setup then you will just have to imagine it is ok (Sounds like it is though)

PSU Should be plenty

Have you tried reseating the CPU? If not, please do and while you have it out check very closely for bent CPU Pins.

If you still have no luck time to get things out of the case and OFF the motherboard tray to be sure there is not any shorts. Put the board on a wooden table or a Cardboard box, then with ONLY the CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram in slot one, and your GFX Card see if you can start the system. No hard drives, cd drives, ect. This will rule out shorts and other faulty hardware.

If you still do not get anywhere, please try all of that again after you clear the CMOS using the method I outline in post # 2 here >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information