Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3L & Windows XP Pro

Default GA-EP45-UD3L & Windows XP Pro

I'm currently looking to upgrade a computer that is running an Intel X6800 processor on a SuperMicro motherboard. (absolutely no overclocking abilities) The company that I want to purchase a GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard from has told me that they have been having many issues with running Windows XP and the drivers for LAN or Audio not working at all. Can anyone confirm that they are running Windows XP Pro with this motherboard and any issue you may have come across?

My latest build is a GA-EP45-UD3R with an Intel Q9650 processor overclocked to 4.005 and Windows Vista 64 Ultimate. Running like a dream so far and cool as a cucumber with a Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme at 45 Celsius with load. Have not fine tuned my memory just yet but that is for another thread.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3L & Windows XP Pro

I have a GA-EP45-UD3L with a E5200 and G.SKILL PI Black 4GB memory under Windows XP Pro SP3 and it runs great. With that processor and memory I can set the Vcc and Memory voltage to Normal (rather than Auto) and OC it to 3.2 GHz. Audio and LAN work without any issues. Great basic board.

BTW, eWiz is selling it now for around $83 with free shipping.

Installed UD3L with E6850 duo 2gb ocz 6400 ram oc to 3.6 ( 9x400 ) on wife's computer running 32 bit XP pro with the latest chipset drivers and audio drivers from GB site , no problems with lan or onboard audio after 2 wks
    Terrific basic p45 mb lots of options in bios to OC ...
    Kissparo

Thanks for the replies as I had a feeling that this was the case, especially with the latest BIOS and Drivers. Plan on giving it a try as I will have 7 day to make it work or return the motherboard if any problem. At least now I have some confidence that others have it working with an old but very reliable OS.

Thread Information