Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will this be good enough to cool my north bridge?? UD3P

Default Re: Will this be good enough to cool my north bridge?? UD3P

By the way, the Thermalright HR-05 SLI/IFX really doesn't fit that well. There are two capacitors that hit the heat pipes. I had to bend the heat pipe on the left a little bit to get the heat sink to sit strait on the Motherboard. It was a bit of a pain.

i7 3770K @ Stock for now F5 BIOS
    2 X 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
    2 X 240 GB SATA 3 SSD RAID 0
    Gigabyte Z77X-Up7
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified
    EVGA GTX 285 PhysX

kick is offline Senior Member

Looks really good!

The only thing is Id assumed u were mounting the cooler in a front to back alignment.
    Maybe theres no room,even with memory in slots 2 and 4? or you could have a lot of top mounted fans or something.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

That wouldn't have fit in that direction. The memory sockets would have hit the heatpipes on the northbridge. Also, I wouldn't have been able to have the push pull setup on my megahalems CPU cooler.

-J
    i7 3770K @ Stock for now F5 BIOS
    2 X 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
    2 X 240 GB SATA 3 SSD RAID 0
    Gigabyte Z77X-Up7
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified
    EVGA GTX 285 PhysX

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Looks good to me!

Nice job bending the heatpipes, I know that can be a chore!

I wish they would make one where the heatpipes come off the NB Block and go way over towards the rear of the case before it bends up and fins are added, then we all could use one like that and have no worries about fitting them in with other items.

I'm looking at a block for my NB as it is VERY Hot, think I am about to grab this one for my X58 to match my CPU Block >>
    Aqua Computer twinplex XT di-Design Chipset X58

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information