Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-EX58-UD4P Triple Channel Memory Problem

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD4P Triple Channel Memory Problem

Hey

Now I have tried what Gigabyte suggested you and one of my sticks is not able to boot the PC in the 1st white slot. I had that stick identified all ready when this was a problem first time I build my system and it was marked by a X. I tried at first with one of the sticks I knew worked and it was ok then I took that out and put in the 2nd one I knew worked and all was good and then I replaced that with the one marked X and it failed. I then put in a good one booted up - was ok - then rebooted with the 2nd good one - everything ok and CPU-z showed is as 4 GB double channel. I then closed the system and put it the one marked with the X and then after loading into windows I got a blue screen right away.

I even tried booting with only one good one in the 1st white slot and the one marked X in the 2nd white slot without luck. I have no doubt that the X marked stick is causing the machine to fail - but why is it giving a blue screen - saying memory management - why not just load and run in only double channel?

I hope Lsdmeasap could possibly explain this and what to do next?

I am not able to run triple channel at the moment despite it worked fine earlier - really odd if you ask me! I will try and put in the Xmarked one later today to see if things has changed because at one point I made this work.

I will ask my dealer and send the memory back I think....

NB. I have tried changing timings and everything with no luck so it might just be a bad memory stick.

Good luck

Poul

Hey again

Now I am running triple again. How this is possible I do not know. I was playing some Undercover and I usually run that game overclocked with Bclk at 170. But the darn game froze on me because of my graphics card - normally not a problem but tonight it was. I then had to reboot the computer and I tried to put in the 3rd stick marked with a X that had failed earlier and now it is running in triple with a slight overclock in memory. Those settings was all ready made in BIOS upon installing the 3rd stick and it was set to 9 9 9 24 default on all timings in all 3 slots. Default is 1333 and they now run 1360 with a slightly higher voltage of 1.54 in BIOS but reads 1.52.

Now I have no idea if any changes made by me made it possible for the 3rd stick to work but I do know that it is not meant to be like this.

Poul

Well, I'm glad to hear that you have your triple channel working properly. I will try Gigabyte's suggestion tonight or tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Angry Re: GA-EX58-UD4P Triple Channel Memory Problem

Well I tried Gigabyte's recommendation tonight and to no surprise it had no effect. I still could not boot at all with a single stick in slot #1. Put sticks in #3 and I boot with 2gb, add in #5 and I boot with 4gb. CPUZ still sees all 3 sticks and claims triple channel operation.

Does anyone have any more ideas, or am I going to have to RMA the board to the Egg?

Thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by boyettdw View Post
    Well I tried Gigabyte's recommendation tonight and to no surprise it had no effect. I still could not boot at all with a single stick in slot #1. Put sticks in #3 and I boot with 2gb, add in #5 and I boot with 4gb. CPUZ still sees all 3 sticks and claims triple channel operation.

Does anyone have any more ideas, or am I going to have to RMA the board to the Egg?

Thanks,
    David
    Well, I already got a reply from Gigabyte. They are recommending that I RMA the board.

I have sent my board back to NewEgg for an RMA. Hopefully when I get a new one back, I won't have these problems. I will let you all know how it turns out.

I am also having this problem, I have tried swapping the memory sticks (GSkill 2GB DDR3) around in every combination I can think of but I am still seeing the BIOS report 4GB. As does Windows (64-bit obviously), however Windows does detect that there should be 6GB.
    Every application detects all three sticks and says that the system is correctly running in triple channel mode.

A bit of additional information to throw in here though is that I have run Memtest and checked the memory mapping... it appears that the motherboard is mapping two sticks to the same memory address. Two sticks are being mapped to the range 0x00000000 - 0x7FFFFFFF.

Can anyone think why two sticks would be being given the same address?
    Also I only have a power supply with a 2x10 and a 2x2 connector rather than 2x12 and 2x4. Could this be causing the problem by creating a low voltage somewhere?

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Anthony

PS. I'm not sure about the ettquette of this forum, should I post this as a seperate thread or just stay here in this one?

I should add that I haven't tried even the slightest hint of an overclock!

Quote Originally Posted by ant177 View Post
    I am also having this problem, I have tried swapping the memory sticks (GSkill 2GB DDR3) around in every combination I can think of but I am still seeing the BIOS report 4GB. As does Windows (64-bit obviously), however Windows does detect that there should be 6GB.
    Every application detects all three sticks and says that the system is correctly running in triple channel mode.

A bit of additional information to throw in here though is that I have run Memtest and checked the memory mapping... it appears that the motherboard is mapping two sticks to the same memory address. Two sticks are being mapped to the range 0x00000000 - 0x7FFFFFFF.

Can anyone think why two sticks would be being given the same address?
    Also I only have a power supply with a 2x10 and a 2x2 connector rather than 2x12 and 2x4. Could this be causing the problem by creating a low voltage somewhere?

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Anthony

PS. I'm not sure about the ettquette of this forum, should I post this as a seperate thread or just stay here in this one?
    I'm sorry to hear you are having the problem as well. I am hoping to get my new board tomorrow, so hopefully, I will have some good news to report in another day or so.

I would probably keep it in this same thread since this is probably the same root problem.

Talking Re: GA-EX58-UD4P Triple Channel Memory Problem

Great News! I got my replacement motherboard from NewEgg today. All three channels are working properly. The BIOS recognized all 6GB of memory right away. One weird thing, the Windows properties now shows 6gb RAM installed and 5.25GB usable. Anyone ever seen something like that before?

Thanks for everyone's help in diagnosing my earlier problems, I really appreciate it.

David

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information