Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the Performance Enhance mode?

Default What's the Performance Enhance mode?

Does anybody what it does to X58 platforms?

What is the difference between standard, turbo and extreme?

Default Re: What's the Performance Enhance mode?

It's basically an auto overclock for the RAM. Pretty useless if you ask me.
    Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
    It's basically an auto overclock for the RAM. Pretty useless if you ask me.
    Auto overclock part I know. But which part of the system exactly does it overclock and what exactly changes betweem standard, turbo and extreme.

I said it above. It overclocks the RAM. It mostly has to do with the chipset performance level, tRD or Static tRead as it is known, but may also change timings.

kick is offline Senior Member

Yeh it changes 5 i think ram timings.
    for example changing from standard to turbo at 980 mhz ram speed will change your tRFC to 52 from 64(for me).It changes tWTR, and tRD the other 2 id have to go testing again because ive forgotten.
    Check Lsds sticky above about memory and using memset^.
    If your pc boots using standard or turbo setting,you can check to see which values are changed by using memset once you enter windows.

One thing Ive noticed is that if you dont change tRD manually in bios,when you have standard performance set,you will find some memset adjustments blanked out.

Oh and on memset DONT EVER SAVE any adjustments you make with it,just apply them if you want to test things in windows.
    If something works well you can adjust it in bios,if the pc locks up well u just have to reboot.
    Thats advice Lsd gives in the sticky above>> I havent accidentally saved memset settings by accident .. but I dont know what Id do if I did and pc wouldnt boot into windows, a full reinstall doesnt appeal very much.

enhanced setting ive never tried ,it might work ok on standard clock settings..hmm theres something new to go for ..
    Last edited by kick; 05-02-2009 at 06:00 AM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

How much of a difference are we talking about in the benchmarks with these memory timings change? Will SuperPI time change?

Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    Oh and on memset DONT EVER SAVE any adjustments you make with it,just apply them if you want to test things in windows.
    If something works well you can adjust it in bios,if the pc locks up well u just have to reboot.
    Thats advice Lsd gives in the sticky above>> I havent accidentally saved memset settings by accident .. but I dont know what Id do if I did and pc wouldnt boot into windows, a full reinstall doesnt appeal very much.
    Uh, Safe Mode rings you a bell? Regardless, my BIOS gives me enough variables to take care of (and on P45 boards there's even more than on my P35). I don't need a program giving me 2x more.

Quote Originally Posted by devsk View Post
    How much of a difference are we talking about in the benchmarks with these memory timings change? Will SuperPI time change?
    Devsk,

Super PI0 will improve. And you should have np setting all timings manually because your inquisitive. I started setting them for the first time just last month.

ProfJim, and Lsdmeasap- along with all the info on this forum- took me to school. And I'm on vacation from it for now.

Here's what they taught me:

Read this:E8400 Safe Voltage Help (Don't bother reading Page one. Just skip to Page 2.)

Note:^^^^^^^^^
    Page 1 It starts with Voltages. Because that's what led to all my Memory Timings questions.
    Page 2 Jumps right in to Advanced Memory Timings. With all the questions a nub (ME!?) could (have) asked. Read the first three posts on page 2 to get an idea of how fast learning went. Before those first three posts I knew nothing about advanced timings.

Here's how to start in a nutshell:

To set Advanced Timings manually you can start with the following two steps.

1. Always set Performance Enhance = Standard.

2. Always set Static tRead Phase Adjust = Auto.

And eventually, based on the RAM you have something like this- that does improve stability and performance:
    Code:
    ********** Advanced Timing Control ************_____
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)________ 3__[  3 ]___________
    Rank Write to READ Delay_______ 3__[Auto]___________
    Write to Precharge Delay_______ 6__[Auto]___________
    Refresh to ACT Delay___________52__[ 50 ]___________
    Read to Precharge Delay________ 3__[Auto]___________
    Static tRead Value_____________ 7__[  8 ]___________
    Static tRead Phase Adjust______25__[Auto]___________
    Now I'm left with adjusting:
    "Rank Write to READ Delay"
    "Read to Precharge Delay"
    "Read to Precharge Delay"

But I do believe that doing so can be "placed on the back burner" for now because I have my Standard Timings set correctly; my RAM Voltage is set correctly; and of the six of seven Advanced Timings to be set, for my MOBO/RAM, the three most important ones are set. Plus I want to get closer and closer to 4.0GHz before I continue on in Memory Timings School. Last but not least, I think that two of of the three Timings I still have to set are always best set = Auto anyway.

Please add all your Specifications to your Tweak Town Signature Devsk. Thanks!

1. Click where it says "User CP" at the top of any page on this forum when your logged in. Or maybe this might work: TweakTown Forums .

2. Click, " Edit Signature " on the left of your Control Panel.

3. Update the following with your own info and copy/paste it all into your new signature:

<<< System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: ________________________
    > Mainboard : ________________________
    > Chipset : ________________________
    > Processor : ________________________
    > CPU HeatSink and Fan (HSF): ________________________
    > Physical Memory : ________________________(Put a Link to your RAM's specifications here next to it.)
    > Video Card : ________________________
    > DVD-Rom Drive : ________________________
    > Monitor Type : ________________________
    > Operating System : ________________________

4. Preview and save it.

And then we'll be able to see all your Specifications on every post you make.

GL!

PS
    And include your mobo rev# bios version in your signature too.

Edit:

And these Advanced features are going to be necessary too: (Its simple and there are no variations. Just note the two to be Enabled and memorize them.)

Code:
    __________Advanced BIOS Features:___________________
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)____________[Disabled]_______
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2)_________[Enabled]________
    CPU EIST Function__________________[Disabled]_______
    Virtualization Technology__________[Disabled]_______
    (*Note* Must be enabled for VMware/Virtual PC)______
    GL
    Last edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee; 05-02-2009 at 10:52 AM.
    <<< LGA2011 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: CORSAIR AX Series AX860 860W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X99
    > Mainboard :Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming
    (NE Link)
    > Processor : i7-6850K (NE Link)
    > AIO: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 (NE Link)
    > Physical Memory : G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW (NE Link)
    > Video Card : 2x ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (NE Link)

<<< LGA1366 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply:
    >>>Original PSU (2011-01) :
    Corsair 620HX (NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade PSU (2012-01) : CORSAIR AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X58
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (REV.2.0) (FB BIOS)
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Processor : i7-950 (Revision D0) 3.0GHz @3.84GHz
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > HSF:
    Noctua NH-D14 (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Physical Memory :
    >>>Original RAM (2011-01) : G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    >>>Upgrade RAM (2012-01) : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) w/FrostByte Heatsink Model 998990 (NE Link MPP Link OverClockersClub Dot Com Article)
    > Video Card :
    >>>Original Vid Card (2011-01) : BFG Geforce GTX295 (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2012-01) : (2) EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GTX 560 Ti (2GB)-SLI (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2013-07) : (2) GTX 760-SLI Gigabyte GV-N760OC-4GB (NE Link)
    > DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203B ATA Device
    > Monitor :
    ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26" (
    NE Link)
    > Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate
    > Case : COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel (
    NE Link)

<<< LGA775 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: Corsair 620HX (
    NE Link)
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-S3G (F2 BIOS)
    > Chipset : Intel P35
    > Processor : Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale (Revision C0) 3.0GHz @ 3950 MHz
    > HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    > Physical Memory : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (
    Link)
    > Video Card : BFG Geforce GTX295
    >
    Monitor : ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26"

kick is offline Senior Member

:) i dont fancy having to mess with windows installation at all,never had to reinstall my xp over 2 1/2 years and I dont want to now as I dont have a standard xpdisk,good ol Packard bell dont provide one and the "master dvd" (I copy only) wont work on the changed 2nd machine Im running now .Safest thing if using Memset is DONT SAVE settings.
    tREF well if you have to vary that for some reason you may have to do it in windows once you boot in. There is no provison on UD3 at least to vary it in bios.Flashing the memory itself doesnt appeal to me much either.
    Without varying my tREF to over 4000 my memory wont go over 1020 speed.
    Its purely for testing.

The difference between standard and turbo for me approximates about .7Gb/s bandwidth at higher memory speeds.
    You can of course set the turbo memory timings manually yourself in bios even if u specify standard performance,once you know exactly what they are,or what they would equate to , or just some of them.
    And you can also adjust timings with turbo set.

So in a sense the standard/turbo/extreme settings are very usefull unless you have a detailed gigabyte tech sheet sheet and you know exactly which settings you can adjust in conjunction with others.
    Faster anyway than adjusting one setting..seing if its stable ..then adjusting a second seeing if its stable etc.

Standard performance should provide the most stability while you are testing as it gives the least memory strain,but i dont see anything inherently wrong in trying turbo setting at any particular clocking point,if it doesnt work..reset the bios.
    Last edited by kick; 05-02-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    :) i dont fancy having to mess with windows installation at all,never had to reinstall my xp over 2 1/2 years and I dont want to now as I dont have a standard xpdisk,good ol Packard bell dont provide one and the "master dvd" (I copy only) wont work on the changed 2nd machine Im running now

The difference between standard and turbo for me approximates about .7Gb/s bandwidth at higher memory speeds.
    You can of course set the turbo timings manually yourself in bios even if u specify standard performance,once you know exactly what they are, or just some of them.
    Good points Kick.Not, or having to, reinstall an OS is always worth considering. (But sometimes you've just got to live it up!) But I like Crisis management... better yet, Crysis Management.
    <<< LGA2011 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: CORSAIR AX Series AX860 860W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X99
    > Mainboard :Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming
    (NE Link)
    > Processor : i7-6850K (NE Link)
    > AIO: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 (NE Link)
    > Physical Memory : G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW (NE Link)
    > Video Card : 2x ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (NE Link)

<<< LGA1366 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply:
    >>>Original PSU (2011-01) :
    Corsair 620HX (NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade PSU (2012-01) : CORSAIR AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W (NE Link)
    > Chipset : Intel X58
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (REV.2.0) (FB BIOS)
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Processor : i7-950 (Revision D0) 3.0GHz @3.84GHz
    (NE Link MPP Link)
    > HSF:
    Noctua NH-D14 (NE Link MPP Link)
    > Physical Memory :
    >>>Original RAM (2011-01) : G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
    >>>Upgrade RAM (2012-01) : Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) w/FrostByte Heatsink Model 998990 (NE Link MPP Link OverClockersClub Dot Com Article)
    > Video Card :
    >>>Original Vid Card (2011-01) : BFG Geforce GTX295 (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2012-01) : (2) EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GTX 560 Ti (2GB)-SLI (
    NE Link)
    >>>Upgrade Vid Card(2013-07) : (2) GTX 760-SLI Gigabyte GV-N760OC-4GB (NE Link)
    > Monitor :
    ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26" (
    NE Link)
    > Case : COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel (
    NE Link)

<<< LGA775 System Summary >>>
    > Power Supply: Corsair 620HX (
    NE Link)
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte P35-S3G (F2 BIOS)
    > Chipset : Intel P35
    > Processor : Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale (Revision C0) 3.0GHz @ 3950 MHz
    > HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    > Physical Memory : CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) (
    Link)
    > Video Card : BFG Geforce GTX295
    >
    Monitor : ViewSonic Pro Series VP2655wb Black 26"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information