Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: UD3P won't post with PCI card

Default UD3P won't post with PCI card

I just got a GA-EP45-UD3P and it won't post if I have a PCI card in the 1st 1xPCI slot.

If I have a card in the PCI slot and turn my PC on the LED all light up, fans spin then in shuts down (this takes 2 seconds). The PC then boots back up and repeats this process until I switch off my PSU.

Any ideas? Thanks

System:
    e5300
    UD3P
    2x 2gb 1066 OCZ reaper
    GA HD4870 1gb
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    Last edited by idleivey; 05-02-2009 at 10:07 AM.

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: UD3P won't post with PCI card

A bit more info would be good.
    Edit (nm I assumed o were swoppinhg your gx card ,between slots :))
    The lights are supposed to come on as pc posts as the cpu goes thru phases .then they go out .
    a P owner would have more insight..
    Last edited by kick; 05-02-2009 at 07:00 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Ok I did some more testing and this is what happened.

Slot 1 PCI x1 + ZyXEL wifi card
    Slot 2 PCI x1 + empty
    No Post

Slot 1 PCI x1 + Audigy 2 sound card
    Slot 2 PCI x1 + empty
    Slot 1 PCI x1 + empty
    Slot 2 PCI x1 + ZyXEL wifi card
    Slot 1 PCI x1 + ZyXEL wifi card
    Slot 2 PCI x1 + Audigy 2 sound card
    No Post

I cant leave the Audigy card in slot 1 as it totally block my GPU.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

It looks like the Audigy is not working well with slot 2, is that your conclusion as well?

Or did you test Audigy in slot 2 alone? It is not listed above, so just checking

Have you tried adding some Voltage to the SB? Try this >>>
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: <<< 1.55-1.6
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14-1.2

If that does not work, you may have to get another sound card, or use onboard. Or you can use your GFX card in the second PCIE Slot and then you may be able to fit both of the PCIE x1's in a working config

Init first Display in Integrated Peripherals should be set to PEG2 if you use that slot for your GFX Card

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    It looks like the Audigy is not working well with slot 2, is that your conclusion as well?

Or did you test Audigy in slot 2 alone? It is not listed above, so just checking

Have you tried adding some Voltage to the SB? Try this >>>
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: <<< 1.55-1.6
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14-1.2

If that does not work, you may have to get another sound card, or use onboard. Or you can use your GFX card in the second PCIE Slot and then you may be able to fit both of the PCIE x1's in a working config

Init first Display in Integrated Peripherals should be set to PEG2 if you use that slot for your GFX Card
    Ok so I played around some more and here are my results. I am able to get the sound card to post in slot 2 so Im not having any trouble with that. I increase my ICH I/O = 1.57 and ICH Core = 1.2 and the board still won't post with the wifi card in PCI slot 1. Any more ideas?

Thread Information