Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: what does this voltage effect?

Default what does this voltage effect?

i found sombody in this forum with the same motherboard as me,gigabyte ex58 ud5 and he changed the pcie voltage from default to 1.425v.

what does this voltage setting effect?
    why would you want to change it to a higher value?

thanks for the help on this question,im still learning this stuff.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: what does this voltage effect?

It affects the voltage amount going to the PCIE slots. He has changed it to a lower values, in case you were unaware of that. The default is 1.5

You may want it higher if you run Crossfire or SLI or are trying high GFX Clocks or just overall high clocks

im running a 4870 would raising this voltage give me a higher overclock on my 4870 in the catalist control?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Maybe, maybe not. You may not need it at all, but I always raise it a notch or so and I do not even overclock my cards. I am using 1.54 now for 2 cards

Since you overclock your cards a bump or two may help you get a little more, but the cards voltage is what you really would need to hard mod to push the card much further

PCIE Freq can also help a little, but can hurt your hardware and corrupt your disks so be careful what you try

AITTool or ATI Tray Tools, or RivaTuner would be better for messing around with your card then the ATI CCC is for sure. All can be obtained here >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...y-tools-30530/

Thread Information