Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: x48T issue $20 to whoever solves it within 48 h!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: x48T issue $20 to whoever solves it within 48 h!

Yep the above Clear CMOS is my first suggestion, do this with only one stick of ram in slot one. Please see this page as there is images to help and imaged (Damn Character limits) tips for loading optimized if you do get it going >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...76/#post258596

Is this new ram? If not, can you take it to your buddys for testing to be sure it did not come to you DOA?

Then I would try a blind flash. You will need to ask your buddy if he had a floppy connected to it and set as first boot device or not, if he did not you will not have any luck with that.

If you are sure all components are tested and working, I do have to ask did you possibly damage anything in your removal and reinstall? Sounds like you may have damaged a CPU pin since you are not getting any error beeps now, or something is not fully connected

The power error (You do mean MANY Fast Beeps correct?) is normally a memory timing error as I can manually cause it anytime purposefully on my setups

Do not fear though if none of the above helps, and you DO Trust your buddy sent you a working board then you may still have one option before you would need to RMA. Why did he have the clear CMOS Pin jumpered? Sounds like it did have an issue and he KNEW it when he sent it your way, no one would do this normally for any other reason. I think he corrupted the BIOS likely, knew this, and sold it. Do you feel confident this is not the case 100%?

Anyhow, if you do not get anywhere let me know and I will send you last resort method info Via PM to try before you would need to setup a RMA

I was going to do that but don't have a floppy. I'm gonna go grab one anyhow. if this fails it's RMA time

thank you very much I will do that, I thought about the pins but I looked and they seem aok I'm sure the bios is borked. yes brand new ram. and the fast beeps were power issue becUse I tried booting without my video card PCI e connectors and it gave me the fast beeps right away ratherbthan looping a single beep, then giving me the fast ones. gonna try the blind flash, I can get it to stay on after the 5th loop.. maybe it's looking for a flash file?

Floppy wont help if it was not already setup.

You can try putting in the motherboard CD and see if it will look there, but normally if it is looking for the BIOS file it will say scanning hard drive

Memory timings by default may be wrong, nothing to do with bad ram per say, but you would get the many fast beeps if this is the case and a lower voltage ram may be needed to boot. Before you decide to RMA let me know and I will send you last resort info before you have to RMA

if I mess around with it I can get a quick flash of life on my monitor. tried putting the factory cd in no luck just hangs there no beeps

You said the guy you bought the MB from sent it to you with the CMOS jumper connected? You also said you tryed taking the battery out then pluging it back in.
    But did you try a brand new battery?
    GA-EP45-UD3R (F12)
    Zalman CNPS-7000C-CU
    E8400@3.6GHz
    2x2GB A-DATA Vitesta 800+ CL4 Extreme Edition @ 1066MHz@2.0V (5-5-5-15)
    Asus EN9800GT Ultimate @ 810/2000/2200
    Seagate 250GB + WD 500GB + WD 640GB
    Asus DRW 1608-P
    BenQ G2010WP
    Thermaltake TR2 500W
    Windows 7 Pro x64

MadMax2911 is offline Member

So I am curious was it a Bad BIOS flash or bad Settings that caused all this trouble??? More importantly who won the 20.00$

MadMax out
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

I updated this thread already.. stupid IPHONE.. its solved!
    Guess what? BOTH STICKS OF BRAND NEW RAM WERE FAULTY.

Im never buying Kingston again.

I would never have thought an entire kit from the factory could be doa..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information