Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: x48T issue $20 to whoever solves it within 48 h!

Default SolvedL BAD RAM!! I am now stable @ stock.

SOLVED

The Kingston hyperX was DOA BOTH sticks were defective from the factory. This is why I only stick to gigabyte: I ripped that board apart 5 times, shorted BOTH bios chips for over an Hour, plugged in unplugged evrrythig a million times and the board just boots right up again. I will buy nothing but. thank you to everyone for your help. I'm going to get this site bookmarked when I reinstall windows 7 and try to help out anyone who needs it.

Cant wait to oc this baby. need better cooling tho.
    Last edited by drewis; 05-04-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Default Re: x48T issue $20 to whoever solves it within 48 h!

How many times did you let it boot loop? Have you tried with one stick of ram in various different positions, starting fromt the one closest to the CPU? If you can get back to boot looping let it do it like 5 times or something and it may right itself, then you will be able to get into the BIOS and Adjust the vdimm. Just a couple of ideas. Other than that its possible that you may have bad ram or MB? But there are other things to try first. I just dont know them. LSDMEASAP will surely chip in with an answer when he see's this. He's the Guru
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

yeah the only thing I haven't tried is ram in every slot.. but I'm starting to think the bios Is bricked because it's no longer giving me a beep code., even without ram. the dude who sent it to me sent it with the clear CMOS jumper on for 4 days. idk if that makes. diffference but who knows.

I saw someones post about resetting the bios
    but the board revision doesn't look the same as mine so I don't know which pins to short. I have a feeling if I get it to the factory bios it will work just fine. any input??

Have you double checked all the PSU connections to the motherboard itself?

Ideally swap out differnet components to find out which is at fault.

The CMOS pins will be in the manual for the board.

Also is the board second hand? If so, maybe there is a fault with it? These kind of stories you hear about eBay sometimes!
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    CPU: E8400 C0
    Memory: Team Xtreem Dark PC2 8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL5 (2*2GB)
    GPU: XFX GTX280
    Sound: Xonar HDAV Deluxe
    HDD's: WD VelociRaptor, WD Blue AAKS, WD Blue 2500BB
    PSU: Corsair HX620
    Case: Sharkoon Rebel12 Value
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Achilles S1284C
    Fans: Intake & Extract Top: Sharkoon 140MM 5v mod, Intake Bottom Opposite HDD's: Scythe 120mm Low RPM Drive Bay
    HDD's In 5.25 bay held in 2x Nexus DoubleTwins
    Disc Drives: Blu Ray/HDDVD LG GGCH20L, Pioneer DVR-216DBK
    Monitor: Samsung LE40M86B
    Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR255
    Speaker System: Q Accoustics 5.1i System

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
    James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
    Goldeneye

it is second hand however I have seen it working before it was shipped to me.

there is no physical damage whatsoever to the board it even smells new looks brand new. I think the bios is bricked in which case I need to RMA. unless anyone can give me a suggestion. any parts that aren't brand new, were taken out of a perfectlyngood system that I sold 4 days ago. ga965p dq6. I love gigabytes boards.

unless of course my 8400 or hyperx are doa

just want to thank everyone for their responses. keep em coming !

You can only correctly reset the CMOS and then try each RAM stick in each slot..this is apart from swapping parts of course. If you cant even get started, theres no way to know what is at fault without swapping parts.

Do this with one stick in the slot closest to cpu.

Unplug AC Cord
    Switch Off PSU
    Unplug all connecting cables from m/b - usb, ethernet etc
    For two seconds, press the CMOS pins with a screw driver.(You will see the pins labled as CMOS on the board and also in the instruction manual).
    Press pc power button a few times to short power.
    Plug in AC power cord
    Turn On PSU
    Turn on system
    Try to get into bios if system boots by pressing delete upon splash screen.

If system doesnt start, repeat step with 3 other sticks.

You can also repeat step with each memory slot to be extra sure.

After this matey, theres nothing more you can do that swap parts/rma to find the fault!
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    CPU: E8400 C0
    Memory: Team Xtreem Dark PC2 8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL5 (2*2GB)
    GPU: XFX GTX280
    Sound: Xonar HDAV Deluxe
    HDD's: WD VelociRaptor, WD Blue AAKS, WD Blue 2500BB
    PSU: Corsair HX620
    Case: Sharkoon Rebel12 Value
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Achilles S1284C
    Fans: Intake & Extract Top: Sharkoon 140MM 5v mod, Intake Bottom Opposite HDD's: Scythe 120mm Low RPM Drive Bay
    HDD's In 5.25 bay held in 2x Nexus DoubleTwins
    Disc Drives: Blu Ray/HDDVD LG GGCH20L, Pioneer DVR-216DBK
    Monitor: Samsung LE40M86B
    Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR255
    Speaker System: Q Accoustics 5.1i System

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
    James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
    Goldeneye

Ok I found this, hopefully it may help. LSDMEASAP Wrote this and he's the man so try it. http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...76/#post258596

Clearing the CMOS

CMOS is a Acronym for "Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor"

Clearing the CMOS will erase the settings stored in the CMOS. It does not remove or change the BIOS itself, it only clears the user defined settings within the CMOS.

This is a very useful thing to do, that everyone needs to know how to properly use . It can often help if you are having overclock issues, if your PC will not stop the booting cycle, Or some people choose to clear CMOS when they plan to flash. All of the above are normal times for you to use this function

When you clear the CMOS you will often likely see the error message "CMOS Checksum Error" on the next reboot. Do not worry this is a normal thing, please enter BIOS at this stage and Load Optimized Defaults, set your DDR2 voltatge and reboot again to the BIOS. The error will be gone after that.

Incase anyone is confused by that error message statement above, the Corrupt BootBlock/Scanning for BootBlock Error is the one you do not wish to see, the checksum error is fine and will be gone on a reboot or with one setting change in the BIOS as the board will update the DMI pool to match the CMOS and the checksums will then be matched

First thing to do is to shut down your System, and let it rest for 30 seconds to a minute.

Then it is wise to unplug the Power Supply from the wall. Be sure to also Unplug the USB cables of any powered USB devices!

Open your case and find the "Clear CMOS" jumpers. It is a 2-pin jumper normally located just under the or between the PCI-E slots in P35 boards and under the last PCI-R Slot in P45 boards. Once you have found these jumper pins you will need to get a Hard Drive or Optical Jumper (The same type you used to use on IDE Drives) and place this jumper on the "Clear CMOS" pins. Then press and hold the Case Power on switch for a minute.

Boards with A Clear CMOS button you may also Press and hold this for a minute as well after you do the power button. Sometimes this Clear CMOS button alone will work, other times it will not. So this FULL method is just to BE SURE it gets cleared for those users who have issues with other methods

You may also want to remove the CMOS battery. This is optional and not Always necessary, but you may want to try it if you are having issues getting the CMOS Cleared.

Below is a Example from P45-DS4P & P35-DS3R Gigabyte Manuals

Now let the computer rest with this jumper on for 10-20 Minutes, this will ensure that the battery gets drained, and the CMOS is cleared. Some people will tell you it will only take a few seconds or a minute or two, but I find that to be false and it may indeed lead to a corrupt BootBlock and or a Bricked motherboard.

So best to not try to cut corners when it comes to Clearing the CMOS, wait the full 20 Minutes

When the 20 minutes is up, remove the jumper from the "Clear CMOS" pins, put the battery back in if you removed it, and close your case up. Plug the Power Supply back into the wall and restart the system. Then please follow above advice and Load Optimized Defaults, set DDR2 Voltages and Reboot.

Attempting to Recover From a Bad Flash or Corrupt BootBlock

Corrupt BIOS BootBlock? It can happen to the best of us!!

There is but only a FEW things you can try to do before you will have to RMA your board if you get a Bad BootBlock or Scanning Hard Drive for BIOS error message.

This can be causes by any number of things, @BIOS, a Bad Flash, a Flash to the incorrect BIOS, a Power interruption during a flash... The list goes on.

Here is a few things you can try in a attempt to recover your BIOS.

*NOTE*
    You MUST have a Floppy Disk Drive installed and set as First Boot Device, BEFORE your system failure. It will not help you at all to try to install one after a BIOS error in a attempt to fix it with these methods.

1. Make a bootable floopy disk by formatting a floppy disk and choosing Create a MS-DOS startup disk in the format options

2. Copy the Award flash utility (Flash895) & BIOS file (.Fxx) to the floppy disk

3. Create an autoexec.bat with “flash895 bios_file_example_name.Fxx” in the content of the batch file, (without the quotes “ ”).

Yes the space is there and is necessary!
    (Example: flash895 gap35ds4.F12)

4. Boot the system with the floppy (it will take a few minutes before screen comes out)

5. Re-flash the BIOS & reboot.

Here is how to create an autoexec.bat File
    1. In Windows, open NotePad
    2. In NotePad, write “flash895 gap35ds4.F12″ (without the quotes “ ”)
    3. Save the file as autoexec.bat

Or

The AWARD BIOS does not automatically restore the BIOS information to the BootBlock. You will need to write the commands necessary to flash the BIOS into the Autoexec.bat file.

The system will run the Autoexec.bat file, which contains the flash instructions.

How To:

1. Create a bootable floppy disk as noted above

2. Copy the BIOS file (.Fxx) and flash utility (Flash895) to the disk

3. Create an text file with any standard text editor and add the following lines (Name it Autoexec.bat after editing)

@ECHO OFF

flash895 gap35ds4.F12 /py/sn/f/cc/r

The AWDFLASH.EXE (Flash895) command switch modifiers used above are explained below:
    /CC = clear CMOS data after programming.
    /CD = clear DMI data after programming.
    /CP = clear PnP (ESCD) data after programming.
    /QI = use BIOS I.D. string from BIOS .bin file.
    /R = reset system after programming.
    /PY = program flash memory.
    /F = Flash BIOS
    /SN = don't save existing BIOS.

To view all of the modifiers for AWDFLASH.EXE, type the following at a DOS prompt:

AWDFLASH.EXE /?

And finally, if all of that fails here is one last page, with similar but more in depth methods, keep in mind you will need to change some of the commands listed on this page to match the files you will be using. Change them similar to th above ones. Like if .BIN is discussed it means use .Fxx in it's place, if awardflash is discussed use Flash895 in it's place. The page was written for older BIOS's but all of the same still applies in this instance of Flash Recovery

(*Note* I have this webpage on my hard drive should it ever go down, if so someone please PM me and let me know)

Award 6.0 BIOS - BootBlock Recovery

Suggestions are more then welcome if you guys think I missed anything or need to address something further.

Hope this at least will help some people a bit, and HOPEFULLY save a few from a BAD @BIOS Flash or Otherwise!
    Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
    G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
    Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
    2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
    Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
    Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
    ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
    Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
    Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
    Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
    1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
    Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information