Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P35-DS3 reboot loop

Thumbs down P35-DS3 reboot loop

Hi
    I got this board for bit more then a year and this afternoon when rebooting it suddenly started to loop...No post just boot and out again and over again.
    Already did a cmos reset .
    Everything was working fine...
    E6550 with P35-DS3 2.1 F14C
    IS this still under RMA?

Tom

Default Re: P35-DS3 reboot loop

Ok no replys= no support??

Goodbye Gigabyte = i'm off to Asus again..

hey

any beeps? RAM seated properly? PSU? RAM? Add-in cards?

need more info on what youve done so far.

EDIT: From what ive seen on this board, you cant discuss an RMA. but i can tell you that i believe boards are covered for 3 years, providing NO phyiscal damage has been done to them. Since you have a p35 you should be within warranty, as my old 965 board has warranty until next year.

get back to this thread to see if we can help.
    Last edited by drewis; 05-04-2009 at 08:40 PM.

I've had that problem too, but it occured within a couple months of buying the board. Unplug the computer, take out the CMOS battery and leave it out. Leave it alone for a few hours then put everything together. It should work.

The most likely explanation to this is static electricity accumulating somewhere in the mobo. Allowing it to discharge will have the system back up and running, it has never given me trouble since and it's been over an year.
    Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

Well
    Very strange things

I got it to a friend with some working hardware.PSU,DDR2 and such
    First attached a speaker,my case didnt have one.We got 3 short beeps and awardbios says its a ram fail.
    We drop out my 2x2 ocz ram(3 weeks old)and put some other DDR2's.It boots!Getting past the post and normal boot into windows.
    So i decided to test my ocz ram one by one.
    One stick back in slot,it boots!?Hmm
    Ok the other one back in,same dual channel (1-3)
    It boots again...
    Can i suspect my PSU then?Or the OCZ?

Does it work now in your normal configuration? If it does, read above. Moving the board probably cleared the static. Checking the PSU is a good idea still, but you haven't told us what model do you have. If it's a brand name one it's most likely not the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
    Does it work now in your normal configuration? If it does, read above. Moving the board probably cleared the static.
    Yes everything is back like before...

So nothing has happened really?Its just some static..?
    (I made myself a fool in my 2nd post )

How can i prevent this from happening?

thx

Heh, everybody has these moments every once in a while. But imo Asus' new boards suck, no offence for Asus users but i think they spent too much time on cosmetic changes.

Plug your computer into a grounded outlet (i know i hadn't done that at that time). If you already have, then there isn't much to do, it just happened and chances are it's not gonna happen again in quite a while. Mine has been running fine for over an year, during this time i have changed two kits of RAM and the video card, but the mobo didn't give me any more problems.

I had this exact problem pop up today with my P35-DS4 Rev. 2.0. I powered down last night (something I normally don't do) and this morning had the endless reboot cycle. Even tripping the BIOS jumper wouldn't work, so I had to pull the battery. That got me back into the BIOS, but each time I saved my settings (which had been stable for nearly a year) it would start cycling again.

Eventually I got it stable again after notching my FSB up another +1. Interesting that it suddenly required more voltage after this long. I wonder if it's a sign of a mobo about to off itself. Oh well, I've been thinking about a Core I7 upgrade, I suppose that would push me into it.

There are lots of variables there. Personally i don't think the board is dying, if it works with the new voltage adjustment just let it be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information