Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No Video on GA-8N-SLI?!

Default No Video on GA-8N-SLI?!

I've always been having problems with this computer build so I just put it to the side for a year or so. Recently I tried starting it up and having video problems.

I took my working GPU card from my current computer and stuck it on the Gigabyte, I get the start up, goes to the xp loading screen and then the monitor says it has no input signal.

What can I check?

Thanks in advance!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: No Video on GA-8N-SLI?!

What card was it in beforehand? You may need to remove the drivers first if it is a different type

Before I can advise more I need to be sure, is this your board >>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Manual - GA-8N-SLI Quad Royal

Can you get into safe mode?
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

And no, this is my mobo GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Specification - GA-8N-SLI (Rev 1.1)

I didn't try going into safe mode but I'll try it.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

OK thanks!

So what card is in it now, and what card was in it before? What PSU do you have, in case this should apply to the new card

Safe Mode is a great idea!

I think you may just need to change drivers or remove your old card properly before putting in the new one. That would be uninstall drivers and then in device manger uninstall the card and shut down. Reboot with the new card and run a driver cleaner before installing the new drivers

Ok, so i would love to reformat or even change settings in my bios. Im out of warranty and my bios freezes after about 10 sec. i called support but no luck. i removed all my add-on cards, swapped ram sticks... i think this mobo is broken.

Thread Information