Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Different(?) GA-EP45-UD3P reboot loop problem

FlyingHorse is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Different(?) GA-EP45-UD3P reboot loop problem

After reading through this thread I thought about a recent article on AnandTech: P55 Extreme Overclockers: Check your sockets!

I know that we're talking about completely different CPU's and sockets here, nevertheless, perhaps some pin to pad contacts aren't quite up to snuff. Just a thought.
    Best regards,
    FlyingHorse

GA-EP45-UD3P Q9650 450x9@2.40B BIOS: F10
    G.Skill F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI (2GBx4) DDR2-1100
    EVGA 285GTX SSC Graphics + HP ZR24w + LG 32LH40
    HighPoint 2640x4 4-Port SAS RAID Controller
    Creative X-Fi ExtremeGamer Audio (PCI)
    Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 2250 Dual Digital Tuners
    2 WD 150GB Raptors RAID 0
    1 2TB Caviar Black

3 1TB Caviar Blacks
    2 WD 500GB, 2 640GB, and 2 1TB Caviars in Icy Dock Mobile Racks
    LG GH22NS30 DVD Burner
    Lite-On iHOS104-08 Blu-ray Reader
    Corsair HX Series 1KW PSU
    Cooler Master ATCS 840 Full Tower
    Windows 8 Pro with Media Center

I have exactly the same issue and I can reliably reproduce it.

The system is stable and survives hours of stress tests.

I initially RMA'd the motherboard with the same misconception that it was a factory failure. I did notice the loop is arguably worse when the power off setting is set to "4 second delay" rather then instant off.

Processor is a Quad Core Q9400@2.66ghz with factory settings.

The thread is a bit dated, but it continues to be a very real problem.

Bios version FD

I Just bought this motherboard few weeks ago. I had the exact same issues. Also when I would start from a cold boot I would get a ..more of a long buzz than a long beep. Tried everything to fix it. Being that this is the best MB I have had to date...I said screw it ill keep it till I get a p55 series. Again impressed with the overall temps of my the board...I decided I was going to replace all the fans in my box with ultra kraze 3000 rpm. First one I changed was the fan on my cpu heatsink (OCZ Vendetta 2). Had to jump online real quick booted up, and havent had the problem since. No beeps, no loops...everything runs fine. So Im guessing that either I had a short in the fan some where, or it wouldnt kick on when the MB thought it should..idk far from a guru, but it fixed it. Maybe this will give you something else to look at to solve your problem.

An actual post error code or audible tone is not quite the same issue.

I updated my motherboard with the latest release of the firmware once again and this appears to have solved the issue. At this time I am not able to reproduce the bug which was so very easily replicated before.

Based on input, experience and the sheer randomness of the bug I'm going to guess there is some flaw with the firmware update process. Assuming this is true there would be a random number of motherboards with this issue and a seemingly random pattern of restoration techniques.

To the next helpless soul who finds the reboot loop. Update to the latest release for your motherboard revision and if this fails to solve the issue on the first attempt please try again.

I think there is still some life left in this architecture given the current cost to implement a system with the core i7 architecture. At least next year I will look towards a full rebuild with something a bit more cutting edge. Factoring cost and performance the P45/Core2 setup still competes quite well in my opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information