Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problems with GA-EP45-UD3P USB ports

Default Problems with GA-EP45-UD3P USB ports

This was my first time building a desktop, so I don't even know where to begin looking for this problem.

I've been having a lot of issues with my USB devices whether they're plugged into the two front ports on my tower (Antec 300), or in any of the rear USB ports on the motherboard. Whenever I'd open my optical drive, it seems to completely reset my usb devices (including my USB wireless adapter).

Even when I don't open the drive, I often have issues with my gaming keyboard where either I have to unplug it and then plug it back in for the computer to recognize I'm either running a game or I changed the current modified keyset. However, when I used it on my laptop, it worked perfectly fine. I've also run into problems where it completely shuts down any recognition of USB devices other than what's already plugged in. Like when I'd go to unplug and and plug the keyboard back in, it wouldn't even recognize the keyboard being plugged back in (the backlit keys won't light up either). The computer wouldn't even recognize that I unplugged the wireless adapter either when that happens. I've even tried plugging in a different keyboard and gotten nothing.

I'm getting ready to see if upgrading the chipset drivers my fix something, but outside of that I have no idea what to do.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Problems with GA-EP45-UD3P USB ports

What BIOS settings are you using for USB? Let me have your settings for these >>

USB Controller ................................ [Enabled]
    USB 2.0 Controller ........................... [Enabled]
    USB Keyboard Support ..................... [Disabled]
    USB Mouse Support ......................... [Disabled]
    Legacy USB storage detect ............... [Disabled] << This may be your issue, you should test both enabled and disabled. Only affects bootup scan of USB Devices, with it disabled they should function normally within windows. This setting can cause issues so I often suggest having it disabled unless you are needing to use your USB Device in DOS or Qflash

I use a USB to PS/2 adapter on my MS Mouse and Keyboard, just to save myself the hassles. Have you tried that, just wondering.

Updated chipset drivers is always a plus, here is the latest >>
    ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/mo...el_4series.exe

Hmm. I think I might have an outdated BIOS, because the only options I've seen for USB for legacy support of a USB Keyboard, mouse and storage device, all of which are enabled. I'll try the driver update though, then try going through and disabling those legacy items.
    Last edited by codenamechaz; 05-09-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Those are not my suggested settings, I wanted to know what you was using for those settings.

The legacy USB Storage detect suggestion is of course my suggestion, but the rest I simply wanted to know what you was using. USB Mouse and Keyboard would need to be enabled always if you are using USB mouse/Keyboard, otherwise a PS/2 adapter would be needed

All of those settings are in your BIOS, any version. They are in the Integrated Peripherals section as shown here >>

Yeah. Saw that after I went back in. Got a bit confused in my last post because I was a bit tired, but it definitely seems that turning off the storage detect option seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

Thread Information