Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issue with x38-Ds4

Default Re: Issue with x38-Ds4

Ill try to use a little bit of foil also if it fixes it i have no problems sitting here for 20 minutes the a screwdriver placed on it haha.

I know which connectors will start it up i checked out all the connections before i came to forums so i do have the ones noted as to what starts it up. So i will try the CMOS then try to bypass the switch if that doesnt work. Should the battery by in or out during the CMOS clear?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Please read the guide I linked, I posted several notes/steps I suggest for clearing the CMOS.

Battery out, Power Switch held in for one minute, ect. Please read it so you at least are trying properly.

Seriously you do not have any IDE devices laying around to get a jumper off of?

sorry if im missing things in the guide, english not greatest thing i know lol

and i think i have an old harddrive that may have a jumper on it ill have to look for it but i think i have one. Not sure if it will have a jumper on it though

ahh found it! and got one. Im good to go jumperwise and will set it up right now

OK i did the CMOS, still no boot for the comp, its still not powering up. I tried to bypass the power button and still nothing. I retested my PSU and it still is working correctly. I only have the one stick of ram in there and did try the other one still nothing. Im going to try the RAM at my friends later on but what else can i do? could it be my CPU? it should still power on or atleast try to without it then fail.

I tried the RAM it works fine in my friends computer... i guess that pretty much narrows it down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information