Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Unable to boot into Windows at all when overclocked to 4Ghz

Default Unable to boot into Windows at all when overclocked to 4Ghz

Hi all,

I just recently purchased this AM3 motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P and I also bought the Phenom II 955 along with it. I'm using the latest BIOS version, F3L and now I'm trying to overclock my CPU to 4Ghz, but it refuses to boot. I've used all different kinds of voltages but no avail. Can anybody tell me whats going on?

Thanks.
    Intel Core i7 3930K | 32GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI | Corsair AX1200 watt Power Supply | 20x LG SATA DVD+/- RW | LG BluRay/HD DVD Combo Drive| Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers | 42" Toshiba 42XL700a at 1920x1080 1080p | Asrock X79 Fatal1ty Champion | Coolermaster HAF X | 1x OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 1x 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive | 1x 2TB Western Digital Hard Drive | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate RTM

Default Re: Unable to boot into Windows at all when overclocked to 4Ghz

Better OCers than I will ask you for more info !!! use memory higher timings as well as next two rtd settings...highest mem volts per man. suggested / lower memory strap settings 4gz can get hard to hit. Use lower multi see if board can hit the necessary FSB to do 4gz at your highest multi. If you cant hit that FSB at lower multi try 10 ,15 ,20 ,25,30 higher maybe an FSB hole.

GOOD LUCK HOPE SOMEONE CAN GET YOU A GOOD TEMPLATE

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono Detector View Post
    Hi all,

I just recently purchased this AM3 motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P and I also bought the Phenom II 955 along with it. I'm using the latest BIOS version, F3L and now I'm trying to overclock my CPU to 4Ghz, but it refuses to boot. I've used all different kinds of voltages but no avail. Can anybody tell me whats going on?

Thanks.

Thread Information