Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EX58 boards and Wake-on-Lan

Default EX58 boards and Wake-on-Lan

Anyone have Wake-On-LAN working? I have wake up on PME event enabled in my BIOS, but when I enable the "Allow this device to wakeup my computer" option in Vista64, S3 sleep stops working entirely.

This is what happens: The first time I tell the computer to sleep, it sleeps for about 3-4 seconds and then wakes up immediately. Then if I tell it to go to sleep again, it just turns off. Then I have to turn the computer on and windows gives me its "Did not shut down properly" screen.

If I uncheck the "Allow this device to wakeup my computer" but leave the PME event enabled in the BIOS, S3 sleep works fine, but obviously I can't use WOL then...

Anyone got the WOL feature working? Please list board and BIOS. If anyone else has it working with UD4P and older BIOS then I'll try a rollback...

My Board: EX58-UD4P with F8a BIOS (full system specs in sig) running Vista64 Business
    Last edited by demonsavatar; 05-12-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    i7 920 C0/C1 3841A
    24/7 OC: 21x183Mhz = 3.84Ghz @ stock Vcore/QPI voltages
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme 1366
    3x2GB OCZ DDR1600 OCZ3P1600LV6GK
    EX58-UD4P BIOS F11
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC 55nm 896-P3-1257-AR
    Antec NEO HE 550 Power Supply

Thread Information