Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible hardware audio issue?

Default Re: Possible hardware audio issue?

the only other thing i can think of is changing registry values do disable the GPU audio. I can only guess that this would halt the GPU audio drivers and letting the analog take over? However i will have to do some web-research to find which registry entry controls audio items. If anyone know this info please do tell :D

I had a little google search, and can't find any similar problems. I hope you do sort it though.

If so, please post your findings here if possible. Anyone else who encounters this issue would find a solution invaluable.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

NP! Internet was fairly useless on the topic. I sent a message at gigabyte's site for tech support, linking this forum to show what has been done to correct the issue. I'm just looking for an answer. Even if the answer is RMA. I'm just trying to explore every option before going through that process.

Note: All of my rigs since my first build have had atleast a Gigabyte mobo. This is the first issue I have ever had with the brand. Yes this sucks, but years of satisfaction vs. 1 issue, doesnt change my opinion any. Future rigs will still have Gygabyte products.
    Last edited by Festergod; 05-18-2009 at 03:07 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

So none of the 185 drivers work for you? Just checking since you did not mention other versions

Have you tried installing the latest RealTek drivers after your GFX Driver install? Latest is here >>
    Realtek

You did check all the devices to be sure they are not muted after your driver installs too correct? Just checking as this has been known to happen

Users also have this issue with ATI so do not feel alone in this. It can be corrected, just have to narrow down why you cannot get it fixed is all.

If you want tonight I will download the driver and extract it all and see if I can remove the sound part of it and leave the main drivers files for you. If so I will re-upload it for you. What version would you like me to attempt this with?

I am currently running the 182.50 drivers for nvidia. Anything in the 185.xx range is unstable and the resolution keeps switching in and out of 1080p format for my tv.

Also I'm not sure what drivers come on my mobo disc but i have been working with the realtek high def 2.23 drivers. Neither the 2.23 nor the disc drivers work after gpu drivers are installed

Everytime i install drivers the volumes are unmuted and at 66%

Well first I would advise you download and try the latest Realtek linked above as that may fix it

If not, I will grab the driver you mention above tonight and see if I can do what I mentioned about removing the sound part of the driver. Ill let you know

Well did you have any luck just installing the latest New RealTek drivers? Sorry I could not properly remove the sound aspects of the Nvidia driver package like I thought I might be able to

If you still have no luck, please try the two methods mentioned in the last post here >>
    P5N-E SLI Realtek HD Audio, drivers install correctly, but no sound any tips? - Tech Support Forum

hi there. First post :)
    I am running Ex58-extreme at bclk=165x21. memory at 1650 cl8, vdimm=1.64V. To get it stable I have to set QPi/VTT to 1.38V.
    Is it possible to run memory at 2000 on this board?
    It requires very high QPI/VTT. For example: to boot at 2000 I need QPi/VTT=1.56V!!!!!!! That is really high.
    As far as I know other boards require less voltate on QPi/VTT.
    Is it a bios related problem?

I can't get my board stable beyond 196 BCLK. I have tried several ranges of voltages. Can boot at 200, 205 - black screen. Bios F7.
    So, I am not satisfied.

sry, wrong thread.
    Last edited by jackpl; 05-18-2009 at 06:27 PM.
    i7 3930k, x79-UD5
    32GB (Corsair Dominator Platinum + Patriot XD2 )
    Asus GTX 670 OC DCUII

Enermax 950W Revo., X-FI

SS TJ07, LC (EK Supreme HF/NI, MCP655 + EK, RX480, other stuff)

It is mostly all up to your CPU how much QPI Voltage you need to run higher ram speeds, you can try using a different ram multi, like higher or lower Blck with a different ram multi. You can also try higher Uncore freq, as well as trying more IOH and ram voltage

Some CPU's just need 1.5+ to run 2000Mhz ram speed, so your's just may be one of them they are all different. I use 1.4-1.43 for 200Mhz on my setup, but of course the ram itself matters as well. And how much Other voltages you wish to push instead of QPI/Vtt

I would suggest you try the latest Beta BIOS (F8b) as it may be better for you >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

Still havent gotten sound to work. After doing the "driver dance" the issue is still questionable between the nvidia drivers or the video card itself. I'm trying to avoid an RMA cause i dont have a back up card. I did send a question to Gigabyte through there website itself, but tech support for any company will take days.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information