Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45T-UD3P Continually Crashing - Help Please!

Default GA-EP45T-UD3P Continually Crashing - Help Please!

I have just purchased a GA-EP45T-UD3P motherboard with Q9650 CPU and 8Gb of Kingston KVR1333D3N9/2G DDR3 modules. It continually Crashes and it's taken me 2 days just to get Vista 64bit HP loaded. I've read other posts about running only 6Gb memory and/or increasing BIOS voltages etc. I've tried varios things, but still the same problem. Crash.

I've updated to F7 BIOS hoping that might fix things, but no joy. I then saw Torin's post and tried those settings but it crashed again. I've tried MSY (supplier) & they won't get back to me and an e-mail to Gigabyte also proved fruitless. I'm not too intersted in pushing the envelope, I just want a good reliable stable computer. Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Error screen attached.
    Q9650 @ 3.0 GHz : OC to 4.05Ghz
    EP45T-UD3P [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F7
    (8GB)-4x2GB Kingston RAM [KVR1333D3N9/2G] 1.5V DDR3-1333 PC3-10600 @9-9-9-24
    Nvidia Geoforce GTX260
    2 x 1TB Samsung SATA HDD
    1 x 320GB Samsung SATA HDD
    1 x Pioneer DVR-109 SCSI CdRom
    1 x Pioneer BDC-S02 BD-ROM/DVD/CD-Writer
    Cooler Master CM690 ATX Mid-Tower Case with 6 x 120mm fans
    Antec EARTHWATTS EA-650 650W ATX12V
    Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P Continually Crashing - Help Please!

Oh I don't know lets see...When you flashed to F7 did you load the optimized defaults? There is a sticky on how to flash your bios.

Might try taking every thing out of your box (could leave HD in I guess) and then trying on stick of ram at a time and in different slots.

Driver issues? As long as it took you to get Vista loaded I am guessing you have a problem memory related. But thats just my thought off the top of my head.

G/L
    Last edited by Conners; 05-18-2009 at 07:09 PM.

Thanks Conners. The bios was flashed when I first booted up pc so it should have been flashed from whatever the factory settings were. I've tested the sticks of memory with CPU-Z and Windows Memcheck, which all have come up ok. The system seems to run better only using 6gb which leads me to think (as per other threads) that there may be some "issue" with this motherboard and DDR-3 memory.

I've done builds in the past but I've never come across this issue.

Has anyone out there got a stable build with this motherboard and 8gb DDR-3?
    Nvidia Geoforce GTX260
    2 x 1TB Samsung SATA HDD

I'm positive there are some bad KVR1333D3N9/2G in circulation.
    I've had such problem for 5 months and finally ordered different memory.
    You may of course reduce the number of crashes using very relaxed timings
    as in 9-10-10-27 @ 1.56V with tRD=10 or you can pump CPU,MCH voltages
    but at the end it may only make your system semi-stable. If you want to save yourself all that trouble just get some quality ddr3. For me EP45T-UD3P is extremely picky on ddr3.
    GA-X48T-DQ6 [rev: 1.3], Bios F6e (replacement of GA-EP45T-UD3P [rev: 1.0])
    Q9550 (E0), Zalman CNPS9500 Cooler
    2x2GB Kingston HyperX [KHX13000D3LLK2/2G] 1.7V DDR3-1333 @7-7-7-20
    Gainward Bliss 8800GT, 2x1TB HDD Samsung SATA-2, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 850W PSU

Regardless of when you flashed the BIOS, you need to always load Optimized Defaults on the next boot. It's in the flashing instructions in the Gigabyte site and also covered in the QFlash guide at the top of this forum page.

After loading optimised defaults and hitting save and exit, enter the BIOS again.

It is almost certain you will need to adjust MCH voltage for 8GB of RAM. It's also important (if you haven't done so already) to manually enter RAM timings and voltages to manufacturers spec.

The following is a BIOS template from a EP45T-Extreme, as I couldn't find a UD3P DDR3 template, but it should be enough to convey the correct settings.

Please fill in this template with your settings exactly as they appear in the MIT menu (surround it with the [CODE] tags to make it an easy to read scrollable box).

Code:
    [u]MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) 
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Turbo 
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................:  
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................: 
    CPU Frequency ...........................: Mhz 
    Clock Chip Control  
    Standard Clock Control 
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Enabled] [Disabled] 
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............:Mhz 
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Mhz 
    C.I.A. 2.............................:[Disabled] 
    Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter] 
    CPU Clock Drive...........................: mv 
    PCI Express Clock Drive...................: mv 
    CPU Clock Skew (ps).......................: ps 
    MCH Clock Skew (ps).......................: ps 
    DRAM Performance Control 
    Performance Enhance....................: [Turbo] 
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)........:  
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch.................: [Auto] 
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: Mhz 
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................: [Manual] [Auto] 
    Standard Timing Control 
    CAS Latency Time...............................:  
    tRCD ..........................................:  
    tRP...........................................:   
    tRAS...........................................:   

Advanced Timing Control [Press Enter] 
    tRRD...........................................: 
    tWTR...........................................: 
    tWR............................................: 
    tRFC...........................................: 
    tRTP...........................................: 
    Command Rate (CMD) ............................: 
    Channel A 

Channel A Timings Settings [Press Enter]  
    Static tRead Value......................:Auto 
     tRD Phase0 Adjustmen...................:Auto 
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto 
     tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto 
     tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto 
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)..................:Auto  
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)..................:Auto  
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)..................:Auto  
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto  
    Dimm1 Clock Skew Control................:Auto  ps 
    Dimm2 Clock Skew Control................:Auto  ps 

Channel A Driving Settings [Press Enter]  
    Driving Strength Profile:[AUTO] 
    Data Driving Pull-Up Level.............:Auto  
    Cmd Driving Pull-Up Level..............:Auto  
    Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level.............:Auto  
    Clk Driving Pull-Up Level..............:Auto  

Data Driving Pull-Down Level...........:Auto  
    Cmd Driving Pull-Down Level............:Auto  
    Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level...........:Auto  
    Clk Driving Pull-Down Level............:Auto  

Channel B 

Channel B Timings Settings [Press Enter]  
    Static tRead Value......................:Auto 
     tRD Phase0 Adjustmen...................:Auto 
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:Auto 
     tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:Auto 
     tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:Auto 
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)..................:Auto  
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)..................:Auto  
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)..................:Auto  
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:Auto  

Channel B Driving Settings [Press Enter]  

{U]Motherboard Voltage Control{/U] 
    Voltage Type.…...……... Normal  
    CPU 
    CPU Vcore….………...........................:v 
    CPU Termination…...... 1.200V*...........: v 
    CPU PLL………………….........1.500V*...........: v 
    MCH/ICH 
    MCH Core……………..........1.100V............: v 
    MCH Reference..…...….….0.800V............; v 
    ICH I/O…………....……......1.550V............: v 
    DRAM 
    DRAM Voltage ……........1.500V............: v 
    DRAM Termination ...…..0.900V............: v 
    Channel A Data Vref ...0.75V.............: v 
    Channel B Data Vref ...0.750V............: v 
    Channel A Address Vref 0.75V.............: v 
    Channel B Address Vref 0.750V............: v 

[b]{U]Advanced Settings[b]{U] 
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled] 
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Disabled] 
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled] 
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled] 
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled] 
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled] 
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled] 
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Thanks for the info Psycho101. I'll give that a try & let you know how I get on. Looks like I was a bit naive thinking it would be an easy process of plugging everything in, updating the BIOS and off we go! I've never played around with BIOS settings in the past, and quite frankly it scares me playing around with voltage settings & the like. I'm disappointed in Gigabyte & MSY for not assisting more. MSY build systems and I'm sure they would have done my build previously and I wouldn't have thought it would have been that hard send me their settings, given the amount of money I spent with them.

I really appreciate your assistance & thanks again...... I'll keep in touch.
    Nvidia Geoforce GTX260
    2 x 1TB Samsung SATA HDD

I also thought that loading optimised defaults sounded pointless when I first got my board, so I decided to do a test.

I don't know if you've noticed, but on altering certain BIOS values, and saving and exiting, the PC will sometimes power down completely (all fans spin down, complete shut down and re-start). This happens only when crucial items are changed.

I Flashed my board with the latest BIOS, restarted and hit DEL to enter setup. Hitting save and exit, the PC restarted without a full power down. I then entered the BIOS again right away, choosing load optimised defaults, then hit save and exit. The PC completely powered down to silence before re-booting.

That confirmed to me that loading optimized defaults does indeed alter crucial settings after a fresh BIOS flash.

If you still have problems after, post back with your settings filled in and I'm sure someone can help find a solution.
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)

Hi again Psycho101,

I hope I've posted this properly for you in the scrollable box. Fingers crossed you have the answers

Regards,

Mick

Code:
    Code:

[u]MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto CPU Clock Ratio ..........................:[ 9 x]  Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:  +0.0CPU Frequency ...........................: 3.00Ghz (333x9)Clock <NOBR>Chip</NOBR> Control  Standard Clock Control CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Disabled] CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............:Mhz 333PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Mhz [Auto]C.I.A. 2.............................:[Disabled] Advanced Clock Control [Press Enter] CPU Clock Drive...........................: 800mv PCI Express Clock Drive...................: 900mv CPU Clock Skew (ps).......................: 0ps MCH Clock Skew (ps).......................: 0ps DRAM Performance Control Performance Enhance....................: [Turbo] Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)........:  not visible(G)MCH Frequency Latch.................: [Auto] System Memory Multiplier ..............:  [Auto]Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............:     1333Mhz DRAM Timing Selectable ................:  [Auto] Standard Timing Control CAS Latency Time...............................:  9  AutotRCD ..........................................:  9 AutotRP...........................................:   9 Auto tRAS...........................................:  24 Auto Advanced Timing Control [Press Enter] tRRD...........................................: 4  AutotWTR...........................................: 5  AutotWR............................................: 10  AutotRFC...........................................: 74  AutotRTP...........................................: 5  AutoCommand Rate (CMD) ............................: 0  AutoChannel A Channel A Timings Settings [Press Enter]  Static tRead Value......................:7  Auto  tRD Phase0 Adjustmen...................:0  Auto tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:0  Auto  tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:1  Auto  tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:1  Auto Trd2rd(Different Rank)..................:9  Auto  Twr2wr(Different Rank)..................:7  Auto  Twr2rd(Different Rank)..................:8  Auto  Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:10 Auto  Dimm1 Clock Skew Control................:Auto  ps Dimm2 Clock Skew Control................:Auto  ps Channel A Driving Settings [Press Enter]  Driving Strength Profile:[AUTO] Data Driving Pull-Up Level.............:Auto  Cmd Driving Pull-Up Level..............:Auto  Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level.............:Auto  Clk Driving Pull-Up Level..............:Auto  Data Driving Pull-Down Level...........:Auto  Cmd Driving Pull-Down Level............:Auto  Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level...........:Auto  Clk Driving Pull-Down Level............:Auto  Channel B Channel B Timings Settings [Press Enter]  Static tRead Value......................:7  Auto  tRD Phase0 Adjustmen...................:0  Auto tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:0  Auto  tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:1  Auto  tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:1  Auto Trd2rd(Different Rank)..................:9  Auto  Twr2wr(Different Rank)..................:7  Auto  Twr2rd(Different Rank)..................:8  Auto  Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:10 Auto  Dimm1 Clock Skew Control................:Auto  ps Dimm2 Clock Skew Control................:Auto  ps Channel B Driving Settings [Press Enter]  Driving Strength Profile:[AUTO] Data Driving Pull-Up Level.............:Auto  Cmd Driving Pull-Up Level..............:Auto  Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level.............:Auto  Clk Driving Pull-Up Level..............:Auto  Data Driving Pull-Down Level...........:Auto  Cmd Driving Pull-Down Level............:Auto  Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level...........:Auto  Clk Driving Pull-Down Level............:Auto  {U]Motherboard Voltage Control{/U] Voltage Type.…...……... Normal  CPU Load-Line Calibration             [Disabled]
    CPU Vcore….………...........................:1.28750v   [Auto] CPU Termination…...... 1.200V*...........: [Auto] CPU PLL………………….........1.500V*...........: [Auto]
    CPU Reference..........0.760V*...........: [Auto]MCH/ICH MCH Core……………..........1.100V............: [Auto]MCH Reference..…...….….0.760V............: [Auto] ICH I/O…………....……......1.500V............: [Auto]DRAM DRAM Voltage ……........1.500V............: [Auto] DRAM Termination ...…..0.750V............: [Auto] Channel A Data Vref ...0.75V.............: [Auto]Channel B Data Vref ...0.750V............: [Auto]Channel A Address Vref 0.75V.............: [Auto] Channel B Address Vref 0.750V............: [Auto][b]{U]Advanced Settings[b]{U] Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled] No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled] CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Enabled] C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled] x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled] CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled] CPU EIST Function.........................: [Enabled] Virtualization Technology................: [Enabled]
    </PRE>
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Nvidia Geoforce GTX260
    2 x 1TB Samsung SATA HDD

Apologies: I'm new to all this. I don't know what happened to the formatting. I copy & pasted. I'll try again....

Code:
    Code:

MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) 
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto 
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................:[ 9 x]  
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:  +0.0CPU
     Frequency ...........................: 3.00Ghz (333x9)

Clock <NOBR>Chip</NOBR> Control Standard Clock Control 
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Disabled] 
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............:Mhz 333
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Mhz [Auto]

CPU Clock Drive...........................: 800mv 
    PCI Express Clock Drive...................: 900mv 
    CPU Clock Skew (ps).......................: 0ps 
    MCH Clock Skew (ps).......................: 0ps 
    [u]DRAM Performance Control 
    Performance Enhance....................: [Turbo] 
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)........:  not visible
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch.................: [Auto] 
    System Memory Multiplier ..............:  [Auto]
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............:     1333Mhz 
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................:  [Auto] 
    Standard Timing Control 
    CAS Latency Time...............................: 9 Auto
    tRCD ..........................................:  9 Auto
    tRP...........................................:   9 Auto tRAS...........................................:  24 Auto 
    Advanced Timing Control [Press Enter] tRRD...........................................: 4  Auto
    tWTR...........................................: 5  Auto
    tWR............................................: 10  Auto
    tRFC...........................................: 74  Auto
    tRTP...........................................: 5  Auto
    Command Rate (CMD) ............................: 0  Auto
    Channel A Channel A Timings Settings [Press Enter]  
    Static tRead Value......................:7  Auto  
    tRD Phase0 Adjustmen...................:0  Auto 
    tRD Phase1 Adjustment...................:0  Auto  
    tRD Phase2 Adjustment .................:1  Auto  
    tRD Phase3 Adjustment..................:1  Auto 
    Trd2rd(Different Rank)..................:9  Auto  
    Twr2wr(Different Rank)..................:7  Auto  
    Twr2rd(Different Rank)..................:8  Auto  
    Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..................:10 Auto  
    Channel B Channel B Timings Settings [Press Enter]  
    Static tRead Value......................:7  Auto  
    CPU Load-Line Calibration             [Disabled]
    CPU Vcore….………...........................:1.28750v   [Auto] 
    CPU Termination…...... 1.200V*...........: [Auto] 
    CPU PLL………………….........1.500V*...........: [Auto]
    CPU Reference..........0.760V*...........: [Auto]
    MCH/ICH MCH Core……………..........1.100V............: [Auto]
    MCH Reference..…...….….0.760V............: [Auto] 
    ICH I/O…………....……......1.500V............: [Auto]
    DRAM DRAM Voltage ……........1.500V............: [Auto] 
    DRAM Termination ...…..0.750V............: [Auto] 
    Channel A Data Vref ...0.75V.............: [Auto]
    Channel B Data Vref ...0.750V............: [Auto]
    Channel A Address Vref 0.75V.............: [Auto] 
    Channel B Address Vref 0.750V............: [Auto]
    [b]{U]Advanced Settings[b]{U] Limit CPUID Max. to 3........: [Disabled] 
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled] 
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Enabled] 
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Enabled] 
    Virtualization Technology................: [Enabled]
    Nvidia Geoforce GTX260
    2 x 1TB Samsung SATA HDD

From these settings, MCH voltage is on auto. It may well need a little more juice with having to control 8GB RAM.

I've also included settings to help get rid of some of those other auto settings for CPU Termination, PLL etc, and would advise setting RAM timings (at least the main four timings) and VDIMM manually.

Code:
    MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) 
    Robust Graphics Booster ...............: Auto 
    CPU Clock Ratio ..........................:[ 9 x]  
    Fine CPU Clock Ratio.....................:  +0.0CPU
     Frequency ...........................: 3.00Ghz (333x9)

Clock Chip Control Standard Clock Control 
    CPU Host Clock Control..................: [Disabled] 
    CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............:Mhz 333
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Mhz [100]

CPU Clock Drive...........................: 800mv 
    PCI Express Clock Drive...................: 900mv 
    CPU Clock Skew (ps).......................: 0ps 
    MCH Clock Skew (ps).......................: 0ps 
    [u]DRAM Performance Control 
    Performance Enhance....................: [Standard] <--If no more crashes, may mean you can put back to turbo later
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)........:  not visible
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch.................: [333] 
    System Memory Multiplier ..............:  [4.00B]
    Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............:     1333Mhz 
    DRAM Timing Selectable ................:  [Manual] 
    Standard Timing Control 
    CAS Latency Time...............................: [9]
    tRCD ..........................................:  [9] 
    tRP...........................................:   [9] 
    tRAS...........................................:  [24] 

Advanced Timing Control [Press Enter] 
    tRRD...........................................: 4  Auto
    tWTR...........................................: 5  Auto
    tWR............................................: 10  Auto
    tRFC...........................................: 74  Auto
    tRTP...........................................: 5  Auto
    Command Rate (CMD) ............................: [2]
    Channel A Channel A Timings Settings [Press Enter]  
    Static tRead Value......................:7  [7] 
    Driving Strength Profile:...............[1333] 
    Channel B Channel B Timings Settings [Press Enter]  
    Static tRead Value......................:7  [7]  
    Driving Strength Profile:...............[1333] 
    CPU Load-Line Calibration             [Disabled]
    CPU Vcore….………...........................:1.28750v   [Auto] <-- Ok on auto when not overclocking
    CPU Termination…...... 1.200V*...........: [1.200V] 
    CPU PLL………………….........1.500V*...........: [1.500V]
    CPU Reference..........0.760V*...........: [Auto]
    MCH Core……………..........1.100V............: [1.240V]
    MCH Reference..…...….….0.760V............: [Auto] 
    ICH I/O…………....……......1.500V............: [1.570V]
    DRAM DRAM Voltage ……........1.500V............: [1.500V] 
    DRAM Termination ...…..0.750V............: [Auto] 
    Channel A Data Vref ...0.75V.............: [Auto]
    Channel B Data Vref ...0.750V............: [Auto]
    Channel A Address Vref 0.75V.............: [Auto] 
    Channel B Address Vref 0.750V............: [Auto]
    [b]{U]Advanced Settings[b]{U] Limit CPUID Max. to 3........: [Disabled] 
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled] 
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Enabled] 
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Enabled] 
    Virtualization Technology................: [Enabled]
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information