Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-M56S-S3 mobo wont take new ram

Default GA-M56S-S3 mobo wont take new ram

Hi

noob here.

Trying to install new ram (2x2gb corsair CM2X2048-6400C5) to my system but it wont post once the new ram is installed and booted up. No beeps no nothing. I've updated the bios, cleared the CMOS and nothing.

Is there any settings i can change in bios before installing the new ram so it will pick it up?

Thanks in advance

oz_nick
    My system: Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3 mobo, AMD Athlon x2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.0GHz, 2gb Kingston ddr2 667, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS, 380gb SATA HDD, 300gb IDE HDD, 300gb External HDD

Default Re: GA-M56S-S3 mobo wont take new ram

Quote Originally Posted by oz_nick View Post
    Hi

noob here.

Trying to install new ram (2x2gb corsair CM2X2048-6400C5) to my system but it wont post once the new ram is installed and booted up. No beeps no nothing. I've updated the bios, cleared the CMOS and nothing.

Is there any settings i can change in bios before installing the new ram so it will pick it up?

Thanks in advance

oz_nick
    I have a ga-ma780g-ud3h motherboard and 2gb of corsair sticks of ram would not work.
    i changed them to 1gb sticks and it is now ok.
    I looked on gigabytes website for memory they had tested and found they had only tested it with 1gb sticks and not the 2gb sticks.

so how many gb are you running? only 2? cause thats what i got in there now and was wanting more. or are you running 4x1gb?
    My system: Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3 mobo, AMD Athlon x2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.0GHz, 2gb Kingston ddr2 667, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS, 380gb SATA HDD, 300gb IDE HDD, 300gb External HDD

Quote Originally Posted by oz_nick View Post
    so how many gb are you running? only 2? cause thats what i got in there now and was wanting more. or are you running 4x1gb?
    I am using 4 1 gb sticks and it works ok

I have just looked on the gigabyte website for your motherboard and only the corsair 1 gb memory sticks are listed.
    Last edited by geordie; 05-19-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: more content

Thread Information