Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EP45-U3DP - no sound from rear speakers

Default EP45-U3DP - no sound from rear speakers

Hi guys,

This one has me stumped... I just hooked up my 5.1 speakers (analog) to my EP45-U3DP and tested them. Sound only came out of the front left, front right, center, and sub. No sound came out from the rear speakers. I tried swapping the front output for rears and sound came out. Thus, I can conclude that the mobo is not outputting sound for the rears (i.e. the rear speakers are not broken).

Any ideas?

Default Re: EP45-U3DP - no sound from rear speakers

Also: I even tried enabling 7.1 and using the side speaker output to my rear speakers and still no sound. Thus it appears that the rear and side speaker outputs are not working.

spec is offline Member

Which OS are you using and which Speakers (model) ?
    Remove all speaker wires and plug in one (try Front), does the OS ask you which line you want to use it for ?
    Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
    Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
    Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
    I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

I just fixed this. This is a bug in the driver. Basically I unplugged everything, did the fronts first, confirmed I plugged in the front output, then plugged the center/sub next, confirmed I plugged in the center/sub, and then plugged in the rears last. However, what I did different this time was to confirm by saying that I plugged in "Side Speakers"

Now I have to figure out how to mirror the fronts to the back..

I am using Vista 32bit Ultimate, with Klipsch Promedia 5.1 (yeah, it's old!)

And I just figured out how to enable Dolby Prologic IIx in Vista's speaker properties.. Weird how it's not in the Realteak software

spec is offline Member

All working then I assume ?
    Intel Core i5 4670k C0 @4.2Ghz - Corsair H80i
    Gigabyte GA-Z97x-SOC Force (Rev 01, BIOS F6C)
    16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz DDR3 9-10-9-27 1.5v
    Gigabyte R9 280x OC Windforce

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD - Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Small print - All suggestions I give on this forum are just that - Suggestions.
    I'm merely suggesting an approach/opinion which I would have taken - You are welcome to try at your own risk.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, this is a known issue that rear speakers are/need to be set as "side".

I am not sure if it is just how Gigabyte setup the board or the driver itself or a combination of both, I think neither company will own up to it but it is a known issue for sure.

I was about to tell you how to set them up, nice to see you found out for yourself!

If you have any further issues please post about them and we will try to help

Yah. Same problem here, Can't get rear speaker jacks to work. Tried 3 different analog speaker sets, read here to configure the jack to side speakers. Did that, and finally got sound, at about 10% the level of the front speakers. Can't find any fader settings or ways to adjust volume for Quadrophonic setting. This doesn't seem to be a very good fix...

Is there NO way to make the rears jacks work? Would have liked to use front rears AND sides, but at this point that sounds like a pipe dream = /
    Also, no subwoofer (or center, unless i could use the monitor's speakers via HDMI for center) so 5.1/7.1 not really an option.

UD3p board, Vista64 Home premium, assorted speakers. Using the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Help!

One possibility is that the side speaker volume is reduced within Windows' settings.

Go to Vista's Control Panel, then open up "Sound". Select your speakers and then click on Properties. In the window that appears, there should be a "Levels" tab. See if adjusting the levels there help. Funny how the Realtek sound panel does not provide the ability to adjust these.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information