Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-M750SLI-DS4 Bios issues

Default GA-M750SLI-DS4 Bios issues

Hi

I am currently using the F8E bios sent to me by Janus for my m750sli-ds4 so that I can support my Phenom II 955.

The bios works perfectly at default settings, I have zero issues and all is smooth. However if I try and change the bios settings I am getting problems.

If put my ram up to its normal level 1066 5,5,5,15 and my 955 to a multiplier of x18@3.6ghz all is well for about 2,3 bootups. it passes super pi, 3dmark and is superbly smooth. Everest records the temps as 45oC underload

However on the 3rd or 4th reset I get a checksum error and the dual bios kicks in resetting me to F5. Im not sure if this is a bios error or board error?

I did notice my MCP seems to be running very hot in everest, it says 65oC without load, is this normal and could it be a factor?

thank you

Andrew

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-M750SLI-DS4 Bios issues

SuperPI and 3DMark are not stability tests, but benchmarks. So it sounds like you need to do some stability testing and then likely adjust your voltages or ram timings.

That BIOS Error is casued by incorrect settings causing the MAIN BIOS to corrupt. I am not sure what normal temps are for your MCP (Is that Northbridge?). But I can say if you are using Auto for timings or voltages that is likely the cause of the extra heat and incorrect settings. You have to set things yourself when overclocking

Thread Information