Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio drivers

Default Re: Audio drivers

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    theres a microsoft universal audio bus driver you have to install first google it, it wont install and work unless you do i fixed mine on ud5 with xp now i have sound
    Yes, I had that (and audio) but couldn't get the Realtek High Def Audio to work under Device Manager.

I goofed around for hours trying various drivers from ATI, Realtek and AMD without much success. Finally I disabled the MS UAA driver and this allowed the Realtek driver to install. I have two instances of the MS driver and I left one disabled. Whether or not this is relevant ... I still have audio, the Realtek driver is installed and I do NOT get nagged about uninstalled hardware at boot!

GA-MA790X-UD4P, AMD 7850BE 2GB Kingston DDR800, Radeon HD4550, Antec 500W

Thumbs up Re: Audio drivers

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiaz View Post
    Yes, I had that (and audio) but couldn't get the Realtek High Def Audio to work under Device Manager.

I goofed around for hours trying various drivers from ATI, Realtek and AMD without much success. Finally I disabled the MS UAA driver and this allowed the Realtek driver to install. I have two instances of the MS driver and I left one disabled. Whether or not this is relevant ... I still have audio, the Realtek driver is installed and I do NOT get nagged about uninstalled hardware at boot!

maybe thats why cos u had two drivers,now you only have one its working im glad you fixed it tho

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, my issues are resolved. I tried so many drivers and combinations that I was a little for a while.

The trick seemed to be disabling the MS UAA driver under System Devices in the device manager. At that point the Realtek HD Audio driver install was completed. I am guessing the driver install error at almost the end of the Realtek self-installer was signaling that another driver was already in place. As is often the case one 'hook' needed to be disabled for the new one to be established. There was just no way to know what that driver was or where to find it.

Probably all of the d/l drivers I tried were fine - but none of them could complete the installation.

I still don't have HDMI and the Realtek HDMI driver (R_229) says it has no supported driver in its package - maybe its a Vista thing ...

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure anyone turning this up in future will find the solution. Thanks all, for the help!
    GA-MA790X-UD4P, AMD 7850BE 2GB Kingston DDR800, Radeon HD4550, Antec 500W

Great to hear it!!

Ya this is often a issue with many users, and I think it is do to like you said UAA.

I don't know what's up or why, but I use x64 Vista and never have a single issue? I just install as normal and all is well, no issues or tricky install needed?

By way of followup I have just got through messing around again with a second computer on the same issues. Different motherboard and video card but same Realtek HD Audio drivers. Unfortunately it also suffered a big volume drop when using the Realtek driver.

This machine needs to have the UAA driver permanently disabled for the audio device to operate - exactly the opposite of my Gigabyte machine!

Hard to keep up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information