Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Memory multiplier help

Default Memory multiplier help

I just completed a second build with a Gigabyte motherboard this time using an EP45-UD3L, an E5200 processor and 4G of G.Skill DDR2 800 memory. I was using a lot of spare parts to put this one together including an old 20 pin Antec power supply that even with a 20-24 pin adaptor would result in freeze up shortly after trying to install windows.

A new power supply fixed all and I decided to use this rig to learn how to overclock. I installed the Windows 7 release candidate and began playing with the settings to try to overclock the e5200 from 2.5 Ghz to 3.0 which I understand to be a modest amount for this processor. I read up on memory multipliers including a thread here but I still can't figure out which setting would be best for my setup.

My GMCH latch is at auto and I'm trying to use the memory at 1:1 which I thought would be a setting of 2.0 in bios. Unfortunately the 2.0b and 2.0d etc have got me scratching my head. Help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by bjadams44; 06-03-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Thread Information