Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabye EP45-UD3P and "IDE to SATA converter" problem

Default Gigabye EP45-UD3P and "IDE to SATA converter" problem

How come the gigabyte motherboard EP45-UD3P cannot detect the "IDE to SATA converter" on the IDE hardisk? Try on so many SATA slots but still can't detect.

Default Re: Gigabye EP45-UD3P and "IDE to SATA converter" problem

everything is connected properly including the power. physically i can see the lights on the "IDE to SATA converter" card but cannot detect.

I'm not too sure whch one SATA/RAID, SATA/AHCI or SATA/IDE emulation? Which one should i choose?

Anyone?

KayossZero is offline Junior Member

Smile Re: Gigabye EP45-UD3P and "IDE to SATA converter" problem

Quote Originally Posted by hoganrock View Post
    How come the gigabyte motherboard EP45-UD3P cannot detect the "IDE to SATA converter" on the IDE hardisk? Try on so many SATA slots but still can't detect.
    I'm using a IDE to SATA converter as well and here is how mine is setup:

I have the IDE HD's SATA cord plugged into the Gigabyte SATA Ports (The two purple ones) and in the Bios under "Integrated Peripherals" I have the options at the bottom called "Onboard SATA/IDE Device" Enabled and "Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode" set to IDE and not AHCI.

If that doesn't work for you let me know.

Smile Re: Gigabye EP45-UD3P and "IDE to SATA converter" problem

Quote Originally Posted by hoganrock View Post
    I use IDE to SATA convertors to connect 2 EIDE HDD's to the Gigabyte (purple) SATA ports (set in bios at IDE), and everything works ok!

Chose Gigabyte SATA ports because found HDD performance was better than obtained from any of the other SATA ports ---> believe it's related to the Gigabyte ports running off the 100MHz PCI-E bus rather than the mobo's standard SATA port norm of using a 66MHz PCI bus?

A main reason for currently using to connect via "IDE to SATA" convertors is because I found EIDE HDD performance from the mobo's standard IDE ports to be markedly poorer than obtained from ANY SATA port when running in DOS. And to me DOS performance is very important, not least because it is also where I deal with my "Ghost" backup/restore images !
    Last edited by jimmor; 06-03-2009 at 04:51 PM.
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by KayossZero View Post
    I'm using a IDE to SATA converter as well and here is how mine is setup:

I have the IDE HD's SATA cord plugged into the Gigabyte SATA Ports (The two purple ones) and in the Bios under "Integrated Peripherals" I have the options at the bottom called "Onboard SATA/IDE Device" Enabled and "Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode" set to IDE and not AHCI.

If that doesn't work for you let me know.
    I have already done that and it still doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by jimmor View Post
    I use IDE to SATA convertors to connect 2 EIDE HDD's to the Gigabyte (purple) SATA ports (set in bios at IDE), and everything works ok!

Chose Gigabyte SATA ports because found HDD performance was better than obtained from any of the other SATA ports ---> believe it's related to the Gigabyte ports running off the 100MHz PCI-E bus rather than the mobo's standard SATA port norm of using a 66MHz PCI bus?

A main reason for currently using to connect via "IDE to SATA" convertors is because I found EIDE HDD performance from the mobo's standard IDE ports to be markedly poorer than obtained from ANY SATA port when running in DOS. And to me DOS performance is very important, not least because it is also where I deal with my "Ghost" backup/restore images !
    already done but no use

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Maybe just the actual converter brand/model you are using is not compatible?

Are you sure it works, I mean have you tested on another board that it does work on? I ask because some of those are VERY Cheaply made it and may just be faulty.

Was it cheap, if so give me a link and I might buy one to test on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Maybe just the actual converter brand/model you are using is not compatible?

Are you sure it works, I mean have you tested on another board that it does work on? I ask because some of those are VERY Cheaply made it and may just be faulty.

Was it cheap, if so give me a link and I might buy one to test on my end.
    Yes I try on ASUS motherboard and it work, the connector i buy it very cheap

Thread Information