Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Startup Problems with MA790XT-UD4P

Default Startup Problems with MA790XT-UD4P

Hy guys, i'm from Switzerland and my english is not perfect, sorry about this!

I have a new System since three days and all works fine, today i push the start button and the sytem won't startup. The CPU Fan was running (the others are controlled by a Fan Controller), but there was nothing on the screen. Then i see that a LED on the Radeon 4870 Flashs, the "Overheat Protection LED". I think "sh*t my graphilcard is over the jordan", i take an old one but there was the same problem. Then i disconnected all that not be needs, only one DDR3 Ram and another PowerUnit. Same Problem. Bios Reset: Same Problem.
    There are no "Beep", but i see that the HDD LED give out a code, 2-4. What can these mean?

Thanks for your help!re Hilfe!

Exclamation Re: Startup Problems with MA790XT-UD4P

Quote Originally Posted by Plauncher View Post
    Hy guys, i'm from Switzerland and my english is not perfect, sorry about this!

I have a new System since three days and all works fine, today i push the start button and the sytem won't startup. The CPU Fan was running (the others are controlled by a Fan Controller), but there was nothing on the screen. Then i see that a LED on the Radeon 4870 Flashs, the "Overheat Protection LED". I think "sh*t my graphilcard is over the jordan", i take an old one but there was the same problem. Then i disconnected all that not be needs, only one DDR3 Ram and another PowerUnit. Same Problem. Bios Reset: Same Problem.
    There are no "Beep", but i see that the HDD LED give out a code, 2-4. What can these mean?

Thanks for your help!re Hilfe!
    You said the HDD LED gave out a code 2-4?
    HOW can the single HDD led do that?
    I have the same board and there is no way the HDD led can do that

Default Re: Startup Problems with MA790XT-UD4P

like every single LED can give out codes, it blink, first two times, than four
    in Example: -- PAUSE ---- = 24
    or --- Pause ------ = 36
    ;-)

Exclamation Re: Startup Problems with MA790XT-UD4P

Quote Originally Posted by Plauncher View Post
    like every single LED can give out codes, it blink, first two times, than four
    in Example: -- PAUSE ---- = 24
    or --- Pause ------ = 36
    ;-)
    What you been smoking?
    HDD leds don't do that.

ähm... i don't smoke?
    Normally it do's not, i see this the first time too, but there must be a very hard failure, an then it is apparent the way from the board to say what kind of failure it is. Motor Control Units do this in the same way.

Motherboard cannot tell you by "flashing"the HDD led in code.
    It's not a HDD led anyway, it also shows DVDRW or CD activity.
    ALL "HDD"leds flash ansd sometimes a lot while Windows is doing something like writing to disk or memory.
    Gigabyte and other board makers have all said it cannot happen.
    Windows cannot even do it.
    Only thing IF at all could be the control IC on the hard drive doing it but in all the years I have been building computers, I have never once seen so called codes on the"hdd"led.
    What I have seen is my "hdd"led look like it is flashing a sequence like 123- 123- 12345-
    but it is not any sort of code.

okay, then my "HDD" LED flashing a sequence. it do it in a loop 12-1234--12-1234--12-1234--12-1234--......
    What's the difference between a code and a sequence?
    Last edited by Plauncher; 06-10-2009 at 11:57 PM.

Thread Information