Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G31M-ES2L / USB Speed issue

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: G31M-ES2L / USB Speed issue

Hmm, ya it does sound weird to me. Test your raptor and see if you get the same results

Just tested the raptor hard drive and the boot process is still the same (slow). Inside the Ubuntu Live USB, it was fast though (as expected). Faster than my 7200rpm benchies.

Been talking with Gigabyte. We are still on the troubleshooting mode at the moment. They didn't read my whole email to them. Lol. They keep asking me to do things I wrote in my original post. I guess that is a drawback of putting long mails.

If this can't be solved. It's fine with me I guess. I love this board.

OH YEAH!!!!

Solved!! Thanks Gigabyte!!!

The slow USB boot is fixed. Gigabyte gave me a beta bios (f10) and it fixed my slow USB boot.

Everything is working as it should!

The only thing I'm hoping that they could add in the next bios version (aside from this USB fix) is to add a disable option for the +5vsb. I really hate it that my external devices are kept on even though my system is totally off. Sometimes I forget unplugging the power cord and it keeps my USB devices on the whole day, which is a waste of electricity.

Great support Gigabyte! As usual, I've never been disappointed by your products.

:D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information