Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X58 Boards + Windows 7

Default X58 Boards + Windows 7

Any of you X58ers running Win7 RC?

I am running the 64-bit version and noticed that CPU-Z freaks out with its multiplier readings by jumping anywhere between 2x and 21x and Everest for some reason thinks my multiplier is being locked at 21x and my BCLK is changing instead while going between idle/load.

Realtemp's multiplier reading seems to be stable though - going between 12x and 21x as it should.

Still present is the higher C-state issue mentioned in this thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...locking-32555/

Also, are you guys installing Intel Chipset drivers for Vista64 on your Win7 installs? So far the only driver I had to install for my UD4P was the JMicron JMB36x Raid controller driver to get my eSATA ports to work, everything else including LAN worked immediately. Of course I installed latest graphics drivers too though.

Any other issues?
    Last edited by demonsavatar; 06-15-2009 at 08:42 PM.
    i7 920 C0/C1 3841A
    24/7 OC: 21x183Mhz = 3.84Ghz @ stock Vcore/QPI voltages
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme 1366
    3x2GB OCZ DDR1600 OCZ3P1600LV6GK
    EX58-UD4P BIOS F11
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC 55nm 896-P3-1257-AR
    Antec NEO HE 550 Power Supply

Default Re: X58 Boards + Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by demonsavatar View Post
    Any of you X58ers running Win7 RC?

I am running the 64-bit version and noticed that CPU-Z freaks out with its multiplier readings by jumping anywhere between 2x and 21x and Everest for some reason thinks my multiplier is being locked at 21x and my BCLK is changing instead while going between idle/load.

Realtemp's multiplier reading seems to be stable though - going between 12x and 21x as it should.

Still present is the higher C-state issue mentioned in this thread: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...locking-32555/

Also, are you guys installing Intel Chipset drivers for Vista64 on your Win7 installs? So far the only driver I had to install for my UD4P was the JMicron JMB36x Raid controller driver to get my eSATA ports to work, everything else including LAN worked immediately. Of course I installed latest graphics drivers too though.

Any other issues?
    I'm running Win7 64 bit on the GA-EX58-UD4P and I haven't noticed any strange behavior from CPU-Z...its moved the multiplier between 12 and 20 as expected.

I didn't install any drivers when I installed Win7, and everything has worked fine so far. I haven't tried the eSATA ports so I'm not sure if they might need a driver.

Looks like we have the same mobo and ram kit demonsavatar....have you done any OC on your system? What timings/voltages are you using on your ram? I just finished building yesterday and haven't had a chance to mess with that stuff yet.
    Last edited by zapeta; 06-15-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zapeta View Post
    I'm running Win7 64 bit on the GA-EX58-UD4P and I haven't noticed any strange behavior from CPU-Z...its moved the multiplier between 12 and 20 as expected.
    Hmm, are you using CPUZ 1.51 and is it the installed version or the zip version?

I didn't install any drivers when I installed Win7, and everything has worked fine so far. I haven't tried the eSATA ports so I'm not sure if they might need a driver.
    I have my eSATA ports connected to the white connectors which are run by the JMicron/Gigabyte controller, so I needed to install the drivers. If you connect the eSATA ports through the blue connecters controlled by Intel's ICH10 chip, then I think the drivers come with the operating system.

Looks like we have the same mobo and ram kit demonsavatar....have you done any OC on your system? What timings/voltages are you using on your ram? I just finished building yesterday and haven't had a chance to mess with that stuff yet.
    Let's keep this discussion on topic, I will PM you with details.
    i7 920 C0/C1 3841A
    24/7 OC: 21x183Mhz = 3.84Ghz @ stock Vcore/QPI voltages
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme 1366
    3x2GB OCZ DDR1600 OCZ3P1600LV6GK
    EX58-UD4P BIOS F11
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC 55nm 896-P3-1257-AR
    Antec NEO HE 550 Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by demonsavatar View Post
    Hmm, are you using CPUZ 1.51 and is it the installed version or the zip version?
    Its 1.51 and the zip version.

I have my eSATA ports connected to the white connectors which are run by the JMicron/Gigabyte controller, so I needed to install the drivers. If you connect the eSATA ports through the blue connecters controlled by Intel's ICH10 chip, then I think the drivers come with the operating system.
    Yeah, mine are plugged in the white connectors, so I will need the driver too. But I hadn't tested the ports yet to see if they worked.

Thread Information