Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP43-U3DL Won't boot

Default EP43-U3DL Won't boot

Hi there,

Just got the parts for my new computer, hooked everything up and it won't boot:

-Gigabyte EP43-U3DL
    -Powercolor Radeon 4850 512Mb hooked up via VGA
    -Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-8500C5 4GB 2X2GB
    -Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
    -OCZ StealthXStream 500W PSU
    -Seagate IDE hard drive

I hooked everything up in the case, the power button turns on, all the fans (CPU, PSU and GPU) turn on but the monitor won't turn on. The four phase LEDs on the mobo turn on: 2 green, one orange, one red.

After about 5 minutes, fan speed goes down a little bit (you can hear the slowing down of the CPU fan) and the system boots to splash screen of the mobo. Then CPU fan speed shoots up again and the screen hangs.

I bought the PSU in-town so I took it in for servicing and they found nothing was wrong with it. Now I think its either the mobo or the CPU that's messed.

Am I missing something here or is the next step just to RMA the CPU or Mobo? Could the video card be off too?

I tried hooking everything up on wood and the same result occured. Same with just one stick of the RAM. I don't have other DDR2 around unfortunately.
    Last edited by wtli1988; 06-15-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Thread Information