Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: XP not starting from first RAID1 disk

Default XP not starting from first RAID1 disk

I have a GigaByte GA-P35-DS3 edition 1.
    It is installed with two drives with a RAID1 setup.
    Now there is a problem starting up with a message that some windows XP files are missing. However there is no automatic switch to the second drive. Switching drive positions does not work.
    Only when I disconnect the first drive, the system starts up on the second drive in degraded mode.
    How can I repair this situation?
    Many thanks for helping.
    Sylvestro

Default Re: XP not starting from first RAID1 disk

Assuming that when you installed XP you did install the RAID driver, right? ie Press F6 at the appropriate moment and point it to the driver file on (usually) a floppy disk?
    No sig is a good sig, but...
    GA-EP43-DS3,Core Duo E8400,8Gb DDR2
    GForce 7200GS PCI-E,Hitachi Saturn 1Gb SATA
    Plextor PX-820 IDE,Saga 400W
    Windows Server 2008 x64, Hyper-V etc etc

Default Re: XP not starting from first RAID1 disk

Raid1 has been working fine for a couple of years already.
    Trying more things I found that I can start on the RAID drive 0, but not on RAID drive 1. So I took out all partitions from drive 1 and formated it.
    Next in the GigaByte RAID controller BIOS with both drives connected I got a mirror conflict. I did a solve mirror conflict and rebuild mirror drive.
    Now with both drives connected the machine still does not find a bootable drive. However if I connect only one of the 2 drives, they both work fine, with a degraded mode message.
    I have no idea what i can do next to get RAID1 normal working with the2 drives connected.

Thread Information