Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Booting Issues




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Booting Issues

    Hi - I have a EP45-DS3R mobo with a Q6600 CPU o'clocked to 3Ghz. For some reason everytime I start the PC, the fans come on and the LED on the case lights up, but then after a second it shuts down and then it start snormally, just like when you change settings in the BIOS. Other than that everything works fine. If I go into the BIOS, it does not have the red warning that there was an issue with overcloscking.

    Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

    Thanks


    Rob
    Rob
    http://www.robertocerini.com
    i7 920 @ 3.40GHz
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
    Antec P180 Case
    Antec True Power PSU (650w)

    Windows 7 Professional 64bit

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Booting Issues

    Does this happen on optimized settings?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Booting Issues

    I will try that and report back. BTW, is there any way to save the BIOS settings the way I have them now other than writing them down or taking pics of the screen?
    Rob
    http://www.robertocerini.com
    i7 920 @ 3.40GHz
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
    Antec P180 Case
    Antec True Power PSU (650w)

    Windows 7 Professional 64bit

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Booting Issues

    On optimized settings it boots fine.

    OC'd settings are:

    Clock Ratio: x9

    CPU Host Frequency: 333
    PCIE Freq: 100

    Performance Enhance: Standard
    System Lutiplier: 2.40b
    mem Freq: 800

    CAS: 5
    tRCD: 4
    tRP: 4
    tRAS:18

    CPU Vcore: 1.3250V
    CPU Termination: 1.200
    CPU PLL 1.500
    CPU Ref: Auto

    MCH Core: 1.100
    MCH Ref: Auto
    MCH/DRAM: Ref: .900
    ICH I/O: 1.5

    DRAM Voltage: 2.1
    DRAM Termination: .9
    Channel A Ref: .9
    Channel B Ref: .9
    Last edited by tazmanfrom; 06-19-2009 at 07:47 AM.
    Rob
    http://www.robertocerini.com
    i7 920 @ 3.40GHz
    ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
    Antec P180 Case
    Antec True Power PSU (650w)

    Windows 7 Professional 64bit

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    34

    Smile Re: Booting Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by tazmanfrom View Post
    Hi - I have a EP45-DS3R mobo with a Q6600 CPU o'clocked to 3Ghz. For some reason everytime I start the PC, the fans come on and the LED on the case lights up, but then after a second it shuts down and then it start snormally, just like when you change settings in the BIOS. Other than that everything works fine. If I go into the BIOS, it does not have the red warning that there was an issue with overcloscking.

    Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

    Thanks


    Rob
    Same thing happens with my EP45-UD3P !

    And from what i've read on various forums, it's considered normal for a number of Gigabyte's mobos.

    Usually only occurs when cpu/memory is overclocked. Basically happens because of necessary "initialising/tweaking" of mobo internal timings/ratios to achieve stable operation against whatever cpu/memory overclocked values and/or options have been selected ?
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    J'Habite En Angleterre
    Posts
    2,431

    Default Re: Booting Issues

    Agreed with jimmor. My UD3P acts in the same way. If I leeave it plugged into the mains and switched on at the wall it boots first time. If I turn it off at the wall, it always double boots. I have virtually all settings manually selected, and I'm almost certain it's a bug/glitch. Re-detecting settings only when power is cut off from the +5VSB rail (only rail active when the PC is shut down and on at the AC) seems unlikely to me.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    34

    Smile Re: Booting Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101 View Post
    Agreed with jimmor. My UD3P acts in the same way. If I leeave it plugged into the mains and switched on at the wall it boots first time. If I turn it off at the wall, it always double boots. I have virtually all settings manually selected, and I'm almost certain it's a bug/glitch. Re-detecting settings only when power is cut off from the +5VSB rail (only rail active when the PC is shut down and on at the AC) seems unlikely to me.
    Always happens with my overclocked Q6600/EP45-UD3P setup. Doesn't matter if it's a first boot from mains switch-on or when just selecting to reboot the computer from within any active OS!

    Also, if I have a bad crash (forced reboot) because of playing around with overclocking or just because of some bad software, my computer will keep re-booting itself endlessly; or at least untill I switch mains power off ---> wiat 10-20 secs ---> then switch mains power back on?
    Last edited by jimmor; 06-20-2009 at 05:49 AM.
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    J'Habite En Angleterre
    Posts
    2,431

    Default Re: Booting Issues

    Och, sounds like we have slightly different issues then laddie

    Mine only double boots after AC is completely disconnected and the PSU capacitors have had enough time to dissipate their charge. I can shut the puter down with the AC switched on over night, ans it'll boot first time. Note that this happens to me both with my OC profile and when I load Optimised Defaults.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    34

    Smile Re: Booting Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101 View Post
    Och, sounds like we have slightly different issues then laddie

    Mine only double boots after AC is completely disconnected and the PSU capacitors have had enough time to dissipate their charge. I can shut the puter down with the AC switched on over night, ans it'll boot first time. Note that this happens to me both with my OC profile and when I load Optimised Defaults.
    My experience with two EP45-UD3P mobos, and different CPU's, was that the "double boot issue" only happened when running an overclocked setup.

    But since this particular issue was a widely reported "norm" for many Gigabyte mobos, and also as it doesn't really do any harm, I just live with it.
    The more I know, the more I know I don't know...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •