Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for new PC based on GA-EP45-UD3R

Default Re: Suggestions for new PC based on GA-EP45-UD3R

Thanks everyone for your assistance. It took me some additional time to review and research the additional new info.

I was lucky enough (or just dumb luck) to wait until 6/26 to purchase the motherboard and found that NewEgg had a 10% off code for 72hrs that weekend....SWEET!!!

I also saw that the Q9550 CPU was $20 lower than its typical $230....SWEET!!!

I took the group's advice and went with 2 sticks of G.Skill PC2 8500 DDR (Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK - Desktop Memory).
    Again, NewEgg ROCKS! Had it for $49.99 and free shipping!!!

The ONLY thing I did (out of my norm) is I purchased a different CPU cooler. Several noted that the stock cooler was a bit high on its readings....and not that I'm going to overclock it, I do want a stable system. So I purchased an ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro
    (Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks).
    NewEgg had it for $26.98...and it has high reviews from a lot of people. Hope that's a good buy!

I've downloaded a copy of Windows 7 RC1....64bit & 32bit. I'm anxious to see how it performs on this setup! I also see that several stores are now offering lower cost upgrades for Windows 7 when it comes out later this year. A local store (MicroCenter) has it for $10 less than the adds I've seen!
    (Micro Center offering Windows 7 coupons for $39 and $89)

If anyone has any other suggestions or assistance, PLEASE don't hesitate to post.

Again, thanks to EVERYONE here for your assistance!

Default Re: Suggestions for new PC based on GA-EP45-UD3R

Good luck with your build and have fun!
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R P45 775 R (rev: 1.1),
    Intel Core2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale @ 3.80 GHz (EO),
    4 X 2GB DDR2-1066 G.SKILL PC8500CL5D
    SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770
    Intel X25-M SATA SSD 80 GB
    LG DVD+R 6X Blu-ray SATA Burner MD-GGW-H2OL
    CREATIVE SB X-Fi XTREME Audio 7.1 PCI-E
    Cooler Master Stacker 830 EVO
    Cooler Master Silent Pro M850
    XIGMATEK HDT-S1284EE 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler