Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: OCZ3P16004GK & GA-EP45T-UD3R Problem.

Default OCZ3P16004GK & GA-EP45T-UD3R Problem.

Hi guys,

Well my main problem is with my RAM.

It doesn't run at the rated speed... if i run 400fsb, with 4.00D (or any strap) it fails blend immediately.

I've tried/checked several things... tried each stick on their own, and aswell as trying different slots, with no difference. Tried increasing MCH voltage to 1.26v, no difference. Tried increasing DRAM voltage from 1.92 BIOS to 1.96... no difference. I also tried very loose timings to no avail...

It runs pefectly until just below 1500MHz then it starts to fail on stress tests.

This is where i think i found the problem, the thing about this board is that it doesn't have any Driving Strength Profiles, so it's always on the auto settings. I tried these settings just as a test:

Channel A and B

Driving Strength Profile...................:Auto

Data Driving Pull-Up Level.................:+8
    Cmd Driving Pull-Up Level..................:+8
    Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level.................:+8
    Clk Driving Pull-Up Level..................:+8

Data Driving Pull-Down Level...............:+8
    Cmd Driving Pull-Down Level................:+8
    Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level...............:+8
    Clk Driving Pull-Down Level................:+8

These made it last for about 10-15 minutes until it failed, so these obviously make a difference, but just need to be tuned properly... as these settings aren't obviously ideal...

So my main questions are; are Gigabyte going to release a new bios that includes these profiles for the DDR3 version of the board?

If not, does anyone have any recommendations of how these settings should be set? Or even a general pattern of how they should be...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Oz.

Default Re: OCZ3P16004GK & GA-EP45T-UD3R Problem.

All the other lower dividers work fine at 400MHz? Try increasing or decreasing the FSB a little, sometimes certain FSB/memory divider combinations don't work.

Something you could also try is to lower the MCH voltage, it has actually helped some people here who had problems with their RAM.

But if you can get it to run at 1500MHz I would just leave it there and nbot worry about it. It's not that there's any noticeable performance difference between DDR3 1066 and 1600 on a Core 2 system anyway.

Default Re: OCZ3P16004GK & GA-EP45T-UD3R Problem.

Hey mate, thanks for the reply.

I've always had the MCH Voltage at 1.10v, i only tried up to 1.26 to see if that did anything.

It's not that i want the extra performance, its that at higher clocks, for example, 475x8, with the 3.20B divider, my RAM will be running at 1520, but it won't be stable due to the weak data signal strengths, and it seems that the thresholds for how much the strengths will be tolerant for decrease at higher clocks... so they need alot of fine tuning. So as i said the profiles would make things so much more easier. So atm im just stuck at 450x8, with 1440MHz on the RAM, stable with all stock volts except for vcore and dram voltage, this board has so much potential... :/

Thread Information