Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems




  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by BoombasticSloth View Post
    Probably for most people, the only definite way of knowing if the problem was your cpu or ram is if you swap them into a known good board, and/or swapping a known good cpu or ram into your board and then testing.
    I ordered an Intel Quad 2.83GHz, Q9550... and GA-EP45-UD3R... i received it today and swapped my UD3P with the UD3R, using my previous CPU/RAM...
    I put all 4 sticks of RAM into the board. I loaded optimized defaults. (Board arrived with F9 Bios.) So far, no errors, everything seems to be running rock solid even with the defaults.

    So, it looks like i will be RMAing the UD3P... then I will have 2 computers.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems

    Awesome...crossing my fingers for you my friend.
    1) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @445x9@1.2625v bios, TRUE 120, Scythe UltraKaze 44cfm, 4x2gb GSkill 8500, Visiontek 3870, Corsair TX850, Antec 900, Win7-64 Home.
    2) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @500x8.5@1.2875v bios, TRUE 120, Schythe UltraKaze 44 cfm, 4x2gb Buffalo FireStyx 8500, XFX 5770, Corsair AX850, CM Scout, WinXP Pro/Win 7-64 Home.
    3) Gigabyte P55A-UD4P (rev 1.0, bios F5) i5 750 @190x20@1.30625v bios, CM Hyper 212+, 4x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1600, 7900GS, Corsair TX750, CM Scout, Win7 Pro-64.
    4) Asus P8Z68-V Pro (bios 0801), i5-2500K @44x100@1.248v cpuz, Megahalem rev.B, 4x4gb GSkill Sniper 1600, Corsair AX850, Antec 902, Corsair Performance 3 128GB, Win7-64 Home.


  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by BoombasticSloth View Post
    Awesome...crossing my fingers for you my friend.
    Thanks,


    Problem has showed up again on the new mobo! So, it is either the RAM or the CPU... glad i didn't RMA the UD3P yet...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems

    Now you have different cpu but why do you undervolt your previous one? Normal for 8500 should be 1.25.
    And with 8 GB MCH should be tested starting from 1.3 up to 1.38V. And with this voltage keep an eye on bridge temperature.
    What CPU core volt now do you set for 9550?
    Last edited by Yevgen; 07-15-2009 at 07:23 AM.

  5. #35
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems

    Sorry I never followed this thread realy.
    Is the error you are talking about is the same error as in your first post? the same XX000000 error in memtest?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Yevgen View Post
    Now you have different cpu but why do you undervolt your previous one? Normal for 8500 should be 1.25.
    And with 8 GB MCH should be tested starting from 1.3 up to 1.38V. And with this voltage keep an eye on bridge temperature.
    What CPU core volt now do you set for 9550?
    I was still using 8500 on the new UD3R board. I am now using the 9550 on UD3R with 1GB of Samsung 800MHz RAM. .. so far no problems. I am going to see if this is stable with this RAM, then I will put in the Corsair Dominator again.

    I am running 'optimized defaults' right now.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Sorry I never followed this thread realy.
    Is the error you are talking about is the same error as in your first post? the same XX000000 error in memtest?
    The system became unstable and then after restarting into memtest, the errors are the same... either XX000000 or 00XX0000 or 0000XX00... at the time of the errors, it appears to always be one or the other for all errors.

  8. #38
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Plexor View Post
    The system became unstable and then after restarting into memtest, the errors are the same... either XX000000 or 00XX0000 or 0000XX00... at the time of the errors, it appears to always be one or the other for all errors.
    Very possible that your memory is faulty. It haoppens that memory become faulty after a period of use.
    You have 4 modules, does it happen with all of them? Try to isolate the faulty module running memtes with only one in slot 1. If all pass ok, try slot 3. if they fail it may indicate the motherboard is faulty and not the modules. If no errors still, try dual channel in slot 2 & 4.
    Try different pairs.
    If all modules pass memset and 2 pairs fail dual channel it is likely the board and not the memory.
    I bought this new board since my old ASUS stopped booting in dual-channel mode (had overclocking issues too so I gave up on it.)

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems

    I have had the same issue with my UD3P and 4/8GB of Corsair Dominator memory (but with a Q6600 processor). I had started out with 4x2GB of OCZ reaper memory, which I was having the same problem with... Replaced that memory with the Corsair Dominator memory... Same intermittent issues... RMA'd and 4GB of the 8 and ran only 4GB in both sets of slots, same intermittent issues... No matter what I did, I could never make things run properly.

    I had the PS tested... Everything was good there, CPU... Fine... Everything has pointed to a bad mother board...

    Oh yah... another thing I found strange... No matter what I did, I could never set my MCH above 1.05 and make the system boot...

    I never did get it working properly after 3ish months of messing with it. I finally 2 weeks ago or so I sent the board in for RMA with hopes of having a working system soon... Now that you have had the same problems on another mother board... I am starting to get worried that when my board comes back, things still wont work! Won't that will be a kick in the teeth ;)
    TownRebel
    -----+-------------------------------------------------------
    .CPU | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz
    COOL | Scythe SCNJ-2000 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
    ..MB | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    .MEM | 8GB - 4X2GB Corsair Dominator 1066 CM2X2048-8500C5D
    .GFX | XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB GDDR3
    .HDD | 2X 500GB Seagate SV35.3
    ..CD | LG 22x DVD+/-R DVD Burner with Lightscribe
    CASE | Antec TX1050B tower case
    ..PS | Silverstone 700w modular power supply
    -----+-------------------------------------------------------

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P + 4GB/8GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 Intermittent Problems

    Quote Originally Posted by TownRebel View Post
    I have had the same issue with my UD3P and 4/8GB of Corsair Dominator memory (but with a Q6600 processor). I had started out with 4x2GB of OCZ reaper memory, which I was having the same problem with... Replaced that memory with the Corsair Dominator memory... Same intermittent issues... RMA'd and 4GB of the 8 and ran only 4GB in both sets of slots, same intermittent issues... No matter what I did, I could never make things run properly.

    I had the PS tested... Everything was good there, CPU... Fine... Everything has pointed to a bad mother board...

    Oh yah... another thing I found strange... No matter what I did, I could never set my MCH above 1.05 and make the system boot...

    I never did get it working properly after 3ish months of messing with it. I finally 2 weeks ago or so I sent the board in for RMA with hopes of having a working system soon... Now that you have had the same problems on another mother board... I am starting to get worried that when my board comes back, things still wont work! Won't that will be a kick in the teeth ;)
    I am now having the same problems on my UD3R with Q9550.. I am using 2 sticks of the 2GB Corsair Dominator RAM that I was using before when I was getting errors on the UD3P with E8500.. so, I guess it is the RAM!

    How can all 4 sticks be bad? The errors themselves seem to be independent of the modules... is it some incompatibility or are all 4 sticks really bad?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •