Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UD5 not detecting my Nvidia Gtx 260

Default Re: UD5 not detecting my Nvidia Gtx 260

The same problem.
    Hi I have Gigabyte GTX260 card GV-N26OC-896H and ASUS P6T SE motherboard. I have some problems with it. Sometimes monitor is not starting when I power on the computer. When this thing happens what i do is to power off the computer and wait few minutes or change dvi cable to other port on the card. Sometimes monitor is starting and sometimes not. I tested this on different monitors and problem persist. I have also Palit 9600GT card and with this card everything is ok. I did some RMA procedure with this gigabyte card and manufacturer said that card is ok and the problem must be with another component of my computer. My configuration is: Power Supply OCZ 600W, 4x320gb samsung f1, core i7-920 c0, 3x2gb OCZ DDR3. Help me!

There is many post in internet with people having i7 processor with gtx260 core 216 cards and problems with booting so I think is same combability issue between gtx260 core 216 and i7 processors.

For example here:
    Problem Booting GTX 260 core 216 - NVIDIA Forums

@scav: Luckily for you, you were able to get it starting at least once...my card is a EVGA Gtx 260 192 core, which doesn't work at all with the mobo and neither does a GTX 285 which I borrowed from a friend...I contacted Gigabyte and they said their Gigabyte GTX 260's work with the UD5's, so I'm not sure what to think. I'll be getting my motherboard back next week, and I'll let you know what happens. So I really hope it's some circuitry on the board I had that went bad, because I don't really want to use another motherboard...It's just strange that my board won't run either the 260 or the 285...

Update: thanks to everyone but I've finally recieved my motherboard back from an rma from my retailer and the problem has been fixed. Seemed as though the motherboard was faulty even though it seemed to work fine. the retailer was really cool about it even though it was passed the 30 day return limit. They didn't make me go though gigabyte and I thank them hugely for that. My card & mobo are working fine together now and everything is smooth. I hope this helps someone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information