Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am requesting some help from Lsdmeasap? Please!!!

Smile Re: I am requesting some help from Lsdmeasap? Please!!!

Well,
    After messing with settings after settings. I have concluded that my memory is holding me back? At least I think so.
    I could not get it to boot up at 4.05 GHz. The highest I got while trying to work up to the 4.05 GHz, was 3.80 GHz!
    I have it running at 3.60 GHz right now, and it seems O.K..
    I am pleased with the way it runs, but it would be nice to have it be a little more stable! It still fails Prime95 after 1 or 2 hours, but the system doesn't CRASH! And it really does run alot better than the factory 3.00 GHz! Performance speaking.
    Anyway, what would you guys recommend me buying in terms of Memory?
    I obviously have 2 DDR3 Slots, that can run at 2000 MHz! Overclocked!
    I was looking at Gigabytes recomendations and I am leaning towards either the Corsair or the Kingston? I am not sure which model to go with and which one is more compatible with my motherboard?

Any thoughts would be cool!

Thanks!

MattR.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: I am requesting some help from Lsdmeasap? Please!!!

So what settings do you use for 3.6, and what settings fail at 4Ghz? I say that because ram should not hold you back because you can always run it at 800-900Mhz, and that should not be an issue.

One thing you do need to keep in mind is that not all Quads can do 4Ghz without using higher voltages, so that may be the case here. I would suspect that before I would think the ram is holding you back.

Do you have another 775 CPU? If you do, and you wanted, you could ship me that CPU and I could test it for you and see if it will indeed do 4Ghz or not. All up to you, just thought I would offer to test it for you if you are in the US.

Why would I do that?

He offered to verify your CPU. What's the relevance of the question "Why would I do that?" You'd either want him to or you wouldn't. I'm 100% certain it's a genuine offer to test your CPU. If you don't want to accept, then don't.

Maybe you didn't mean it that way but your one line comment sounded rather obnoxious.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Psycho101's post + 1

Angry Re: I am requesting some help from Lsdmeasap? Please!!!

You know what, Psycho101 you are a GOOF-BALL!!!PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

Mind your own buisness and go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later Loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MattR.

Your response says it all..... Your attitude stinks mate, it really does. If I want to make a comment, then I will. I don't like it when people are rude and abrasive towards others. I really hope you're like 12 or something, and will hopefully mature with age. If not, then God help your wife and children.

Peace.
    Last edited by Psycho101; 06-30-2009 at 03:49 AM.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

MDDI is offline Junior Member

I don't get it? The members here are volunteers offering advice for "free"!
    You don't have to agree or take their advice, you have the option to ignore.
    There is no reason to be rude or inconsiderate.
    You are risking being banned from this forum, then you will have to find help elsewhere.

Left the System Memory Multiplier at 4.00D
    I am curious, you mean 2.00D right?

Also, I have seen many, many threads from Qxxx people that have a hard time at 4+GHz. It's not just you. However, looking at the bulk of the advice you have been given, I have to concur with Psycho and jim. Don't be afraid to raise values.

CPU
    CPU Vcore….……….........................:More than you have been using listed above. Enable LLC and try 1.38-1.44

CPU Termination…..... 1.200V*.......: << 1.25-1.45 - 1.3 or so for 1800MHz FSB, in general

CPU PLL…………………....1.500V*.......: <<1.54-1.58

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: << 1.2-1.28
    MCH Reference….…….0.800V...........; <<< Leave
    MCH/DRAM Ref.…......0.900V...........: <<< Leave
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: <<< 1.5
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14-1.2

DRAM
    DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............: 1.95-2.05
    DRAM Termination .…0.900V............: <<< Leave
    Channel A Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave
    Channel B Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave
    CPU Term is the voltage associated with the FSB, the higher your FSB, the more Term you will need.

I am curious, Lsdmeasap, regarding CPU PLL, my BIOS only has 1.5, 1.57, 1.59, 1.61, et al... is there something I am missing about that? At any rate, Matt, PLL in short, is the "clock generator". The faster you want your rig to run, the more PLL voltage you will need; HOWEVER, you shouldn't need to bump this from stock till after 4.25GHz or so... or at least, I haven't. I first moved mine up at 512x9, iirc.

Your MCH Core is the voltage that allows the Memory Controller Hub to shuffle data to and from the RAM and CPU transistors, in a sense. The faster your FSB, the more you will need. The more RAM you have, the more you will need. And, I have learned from trial and error, that the higher the disparity between RAM speed and FSB, the more you will need.

Regarding Refs, I have found that the sweet spot for me, in terms of ADJUSTED REFs (meaning the value that is shown after the vTerm is adjusted upwards) is somewhere around .78v for MCH Ref and .88v for CPU Ref. However, I have a C2D, not a Qxxx, so the CPU Ref might be different for you; but, the MCH Ref should be independent of the CPU core numbers. Read Lsd's Post about MCH Refs.

Finally, be nicer. Shoot, if Lsd wanted me to mail my whole rig to him to help me out, it'd be there tomorrow UPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex St. John
    Consider for a moment that what we think of as “intelligence” is the byproduct of a computing architecture that depends on massive parallelism to interact with the world in real time without stalling for progress bars. If our ancestors’ brains had depended on running Vista on current dual-core processors for their survival, they would have been eaten by bears.

Best Quote Ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101
    Obey the one and only rule without question when you overclock.... don't cause a fire. Fires are hot and burny... not good.
    Intel E8400 EO@445x9--Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 ~ F9--EVGA 9800GT @ 700/1750/1100--8GB Gskill 1066

KayossZero is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down Re: I am requesting some help from Lsdmeasap? Please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattR. View Post
    You know what, Psycho101 you are a GOOF-BALL!!!PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

Mind your own buisness and go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later Loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MattR.
    Did I just step into the twilight zone TT Forums, where they've merged with WoW/Steam/Gamefaqs forums? You need to chill out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information