Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Overclock Help EP45C-UD3R

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Overclock Help EP45C-UD3R

Well I would.

Remember you can save BIOS Profiles, F11 is save and F12 is load from the MAIN page of the BIOS.

Just save what you have now and then make the changes needed for the tests.

Or you could try the above suggestions on adjusting your FSB to not have to use the 4.00B multi but that would involve changing your CPU Overclock of course.

Did you try 4.00A yet at all? Just wondering

4.00A also gives me beeps and unsuccessful. Are you saying for sure then that this is going to be a bad stick of RAM or is it equally possible that this could just be a setting we have incorrect??

No, not saying that at all. Just saying that it would be best to start there, that way you know now if you have a faulty stick instead of spending anymore time trying.

Mushkin is a great company, and will RMA you right away if you have a faulty stick. So no worries there.

P45 is super tricky when it comes to high speed ram, and finding the correct combination or Memory multi/Vtt/MCH/MCH Ref and tRD, so it is likely settings off is all but best to find out up front if you do have a faulty stick or not ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    OK, good.

That means a few things. One either your ram settings were just off, or ram related (Vdimm, Vtt, MCH) were off.

Since I did raise a few things, please now again try those and only change the Memory Multi back to 4.00B

And hey, like I said in a PM have you ever tested this ram one stick at a time at stock? If not you should do that now to be sure you do not have faulty ram.

Test with one stick in slot one, everything (CPU Included) at auto except your memory multi, set to whatever + 1600Mhz, set Main timings manually rest on auto, and set your ram voltage to spec. Test each stick using Memtest86+ 2.01 and run 5-10 passes, if all is well with one stick move onto the next.

This should be done on day one when receiving any memory.
    Ok I will try this tomorrow. But it is time for bed right now. But just so I have this right.....do one stick at a time, what exactly do I want to set my memory multi to? 3.33d, 3.20b, 4.00A, 4.00B, 4.00d?? What do I set that to? Set my timings to 7-7-6-18 which is what they are stock. Leave Ram voltages whatever they are at stock, 1.8-1.9?? Do I leave advanced timings on default settings as well??

4.00B is what you should use at 400 FSB, and yes set stock timings.

No, you will have to set your ram voltage per stock spec, 1.8-1.9V right? And yes, leave advanced timings on Auto, all of them. You can/may need to check in windows with Memset tRD as it may be set to low, but not likely it should be ok.

My memory frquency when I use 4.00B is set to 1333....the only way to get that to 1600 is to overclock the CPU Host Frequency to 400.....but u said to leave that all at auto...so what should I do? If I leave at auto then all I can get is 1333, if I mess with the cpu I can get 1600.....????

I ran both sticks at 4.00B which was telling me it was 1333 and they both passed 5 tests......I dont know how I am supposed to get 1600 without changing the CPU Frequency.....and when I did change the CPU freq to 400 and put memory on 4.00B with one stick in, it gave me beeps and failed.....

Yes, at 333 FSB 4.00B would be 1333, you would need to test at a higher FSB, just be sure your CPU part of things is stable.

Just run the FSB you was using before, but set everything else memory related as I said. You know your CPU settings were stable right, just not your ram? If so, set your CPU as you had it and then do the test with each stick one by one at 4.00B 1600Mhz.

If each stick fails then your CPU Settings may be off, or you may just need to raise the Vtt and maybe MCH a bit more and try again

Maybe I need those exact settings then. Because no matter what I do, when I load it up as 1600, it fails. I can not set memory to 1600 at all or it fails....so maybe thats a setting somewhere that I dont have correct. Please tell me exactly what all the settings should be....

bump??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information