Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ga-ep43-ds3l problem

Default Ga-ep43-ds3l problem

Hi , I bought today new GA-EP43-DS3L and installed it on my pc , bu when i started the power for first time it keeps turning on and off every 3-4 sec.

I tried everything cleared the cmos ,disconnected evrything then connected again but the problem is not resolved can someone help me please.

System specs :

MB : GA-EP43-DS3L
    CPU : Intel Pentium P4 D 2.66 Ghz
    Video card : Galaxy Nvidia Geforce 9800GT
    Memory : 2x1gb Kingston

Default Re: Ga-ep43-ds3l problem

update :
    when i removed the atx 12v power connector the power started normally but now there is no picture , the vga card is problem now.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Have you tried minimal boot? One memory stick, a PS2 keyboard, and no periferials connected?

no i havent but i don't think thats the problem here

Chike is offline Senior Member

Regardless of what the problem is, if it persists it narrows it down to one of CPU, Motherboared, RAM, video adapter or keyboard, and if it doesn't it's a starting point to begin tracking it down.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Are you sure you do not have any bent pins in your CPU Socket? If you are then as said above you will need to start with the minimal and see what is causing it.

I would get the board off the motherboard tray and outside of the case, use ONLY your CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram, and your GFX Card. Nothing else, fans, cd drives, ect. Be sure you also remove all USB Items

If it starts then slowly add parts until you find the culprit. If it still does not start you are going to have to try a few things. For starters I would be SURE you clear the CMOS Fully, try the method I outline here in post #2 of this thread >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

If no luck after doing that you are going to need to test your main hardware in another system. I would start of course with the memory and Graphics card, memory first as this is the more likely candidate. If the ram and GFX Card work fine in another setup test your CPU next.

Thread Information