Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3 -raid config/drive help

Default GA-EP45-UD3 -raid config/drive help

i need the uptodate drvier for this raid controller.

also there is 2?

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3 -raid config/drive help

bump i cant even load xp -_-;

FYI i tried the drivers off the cd...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

If you are trying to install XP with a RAID Setup, you need to do a few things, and yes you would need to install a Driver via F6 during the initial XP Install process. At the very beginning it will ask at the bottom of the screen about RAID Drivers, press F6 a few times then. A few minutes later it will ask you to load the drivers, they will have to be on a floppy disk.

Since your Intel controller does not support RAID you will have to use the Gigabyte/Jmicron controller. You will need to connect your OS RAID Hard drives to the Purple Ports labeled GSATA2_0 & GSATA2_1 and use the following settings.

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports) << These do not apply right now for your OS RAID install, so it does not matter what you set them to unless you want to use the yellow ports for additional storage or CD/DVD drives, but we can discuss that later if you wish. For now set them as you see below (SATA mode, will appear as IDE/PATA Mode but it is SATA)
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. Disabled
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple Ports)
    Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
    Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ........... RAID/IDE

Before you start the XP Install process you will need to setup a RAID Array in the Gigabyte/J.Micron RAID ROM BIOS.

Then you will need to set the following in the BIOS by pressing Control + G during bootup on or before the IRQ Screen, you will see the message at the bottom of the screen. Once inside create your array then save and exit and begin your XP Install

You want the XP Pre-Install Driver at the bottom, inside the download you will find a folder labeled Floppy32 or Floppy64 (Choose per your OS), this is the driver you need to place on your floppy disk and use during the F6 driver install process.
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-EP45-UD3 (rev. 1.0)

If you are still unsure about the process, it is outlined with images in your manual. Chapter 5 page 89
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Manual - GA-EP45-UD3 (rev. 1.0)

do you know if the "Gigabyte/Jmicron controller" is compadable with ESXi?

thanks for your information!

another question, the itel is not supported? so i am limited to a 2 disk stripe or a 2 disk mirror?

just wondering ihave more then 2 drives.

or do i use the gigabyte as my os ( mirrored) then once the OS is loaded use software to manage the rest of the drives on the yellow intel ports?

LOL sorry for the multi post, another issue i had is i cannot get the mobo to see a USB floppy drive.

is there a BIOS setting?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, your Intel chipset does not support RAID as you did not purchase the RAID Version of the board. The board you should have bought was Ga-EP45-UD3R

I had wrote out instructions for you on how to use the Intel Controller before I noticed that, as it is the better controller. But your board does not support it.

You cannot load Pre-install XP drivers from USB, they must be on a Floppy disk or you will have to slipstream them to the install media.

As for USB Settings, yes there is a few in Tntegrated Peripherals page of the BIOS, you would want them all enabled and legacy USB Storage Detect enabled as well. But again you have to use a floppy to install XP Pre-OS Drivers. In Vista/Windows 7 you do not, you can use a USB stick

As for ESXi, I am not sure? But I can say I have used the Gigabyte controller in RAID mode before with my OS and used Vmware Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, your Intel chipset does not support RAID as you did not purchase the RAID Version of the board. The board you should have bought was Ga-EP45-UD3R

I had wrote out instructions for you on how to use the Intel Controller before I noticed that, as it is the better controller. But your board does not support it.

You cannot load Pre-install XP drivers from USB, they must be on a Floppy disk or you will have to slipstream them to the install media.

As for USB Settings, yes there is a few in Tntegrated Peripherals page of the BIOS, you would want them all enabled and legacy USB Storage Detect enabled as well. But again you have to use a floppy to install XP Pre-OS Drivers. In Vista/Windows 7 you do not, you can use a USB stick

As for ESXi, I am not sure? But I can say I have used the Gigabyte controller in RAID mode before with my OS and used Vmware Workstation
    thanks

FYE i have a usb floppy drive i cannot get the motherboard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

how do i do this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information