Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP45T-UD3P multiple hard drives SATA & UATA

Default GA-EP45T-UD3P multiple hard drives SATA & UATA

Both the processor and motherboard are new. i have 3 SATA hard drives & 1 IDE hard drive. Plus 2 optical drives.Boot drive is SATA. When computer initially booting it displays the IDE hard drive but after loading i cannot see the drive the optical drive which is on the same IDEcable can be seen. I need to know how to set this up in the BIOS. Also the second optical drive uses a SATA to IDE Dongle which is then hooked up by a SATA cable cannot be seen.
    Last edited by supertiggy; 06-27-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P multiple hard drives SATA & UATA

Do you have your jumpers set correctly for the IDE Drives? Master means the device on the end of the cable, slave in the middle. You may not be able to use IDE hard drive and IDE CD Drive on the same cable, not sure I will test that for you here in a bit but I do think I have seen that presented as a known issue.

As for your SATA to IDE Dongle Not sure about that, I have used a few and some work easy and some do not, so it could be the device.

These should be your settings if you are not using AHCI or RAID

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
    SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. Disabled
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple Ports)
    Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
    Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ........... IDE

Default Re: GA-EP45T-UD3P multiple hard drives SATA & UATA

Generally it's a bad idea to connect HDD and Optical drives on the same IDE cable (channel) cause it will force the channel to work in the slowest mode. If you have good optical drive capable of Ulta DMA mode 4 (66MHz) then your hard disk normally working in Ultra DMA mode 5 (100/133 MHz) will switch to 66MHz. Now, if you have only one IDE channel on your board you should consider using it for your only native IDE drive (hdd).
    Each SATA port represent separate channel so connecting all your 5 SATA drives to the SATA ports will be the optimal solution and thus eliminate the need of sata-to-ide dongle (and have your both opticcal drives visible as well).
    GA-X48T-DQ6 [rev: 1.3], Bios F6e (replacement of GA-EP45T-UD3P [rev: 1.0])
    Q9550 (E0), Zalman CNPS9500 Cooler
    2x2GB Kingston HyperX [KHX13000D3LLK2/2G] 1.7V DDR3-1333 @7-7-7-20
    Gainward Bliss 8800GT, 2x1TB HDD Samsung SATA-2, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 850W PSU

Thread Information